Rent cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondpuppy

Reaction score
Hi!
I rent a space in a salon and my rent is 80 per week for Wednesday-Saturday. As Christmas week is short I was working only 2 days Wednesday and Thursday should I still pay 80 or only 40.The owner says I pay per week not per day.

You should still pay the full weeks rent of £80,
if you go away on holiday for a week or end up off work sick you are still eligible to pay the rent that you have agreed while your not there, christmas is the same, hth

I see...Thank you.

I disagree

As the salon was not open you could argue that you were not able to work.

the other side of the coin is that if you werent available for work then yes you would pay the whole rent.

Personally I wouldnt pay the whole amount as the salon was shut which was out of your control, unless of course you had keys??

if rent is paid per week, then the weekly amount should be paid. You can argue it with the salon owner, but you run the risk of a cancelled contract. Salon owners pay their rent for 7 days a week regardless of holidays.

ive just rented a room out per week and they have had to pay for the days we've been shut. but they knew that when signing the contract that it included xmas period.

Latest posts

Back