Renting a chair, sorry more questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liane

Reaction score
I know this has been covered a lot and i have read most of the posts. I run a nail and beauty salon and want to rent a chair to a hairdresser. I have a rough idea of what I am going to do, I will provide all the furniture, sham/con, towels etc but there are two chairs available. I was only going to look for one hairdresser but on reading the other posts, do people rent out to more than one at a time?? How would this work? Fanks xx

PS Anyone in Neath Port Talbot looking for a chair, let me know :wink2:

You can rent out more than one it would work the same as you've planned for just renting one but double the money for you :) the only thing I would say tho is think about space, I have 3 chairs and 1 basin at the moment I'm hair only it's me as a stylist then 1 rental stylist, I used to have a beautician earlier in the year too, when the shop was busy you could barley move for people, I'd have 1 client in my chair and one in the next chair with colour developing then the other stylist would have 1 in her chair and 1 on the waiting area with colour on her head devolping, then there would be our next clients or walk ins waiting in the area too and the beauty girls customers too, ideally you need enough space to fit everyone in, on normal weeks 2 stylists can share 3 chairs easily but on Saturdays or particularly busy days you need space to fit all the extra people in

Thanks for the reply, so you think i'd need three chairs for 2 stylists?

Realistically yes, and a waiting area for their clients too

Morning
We allow two chairs per stylist so that clients aren't having to be moved to sit in reception/backwash whilst colours are taking, this way the stylist can do another service whilst a colour is developing without the need to disturb the client and sit them in the shop window playing musical chairs.

Although we work on a commission split not chair rental it would be advisable to rent out both chairs at a fixed price per chair
Also you have to rent a certain chair out which they must used detailing its position in contract and any communal areas they must then only use the chair specified and nobody else can use it. X

Agree with previous comments.

Just to add a couple of other thoughts, if it helps?

As a potential renter, I'd want to use my own products (shampoo etc) with the advantage of being able to retail products to my clients. I would see this as an essential income generating stream for my business, although I know it may not be a deal breaker for others who rent.

Ensure you know in advance how you will deal with any complaints from clients, especially if the hairdresser isn't around to deal with them. Disgruntled clients won't care that the hairdresser is a separate business!

Once you have a plan/renter in mind, make sure you get professional help with your contracts. Unwritten or poorly drafted agreements seem to cause endless problems for business owners judging by the many posts in Biz Geek.

Latest posts

Back