Renting a nail bar....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rough price renting a nail station would be per week?

Im renting a table at the mo in a hairdressers and being charged £20per day

Thank you, i have just totally out of the blue been offered a nail station, i havent done nails properly for nearly a year!!! Bit nervous but going to look into everything and see initally how much it will all cost.

£20 a day sounds reasonable...

Hiya,
How freeky, i was going to post the same question. :lol:

Ive been thinking about this over night, how does this sound? To start off with she pays me a hourly rate until i build up my client list, then we agree on a weekley rent, i was thinking i could pay a lower rent and supply all my own product or a slightly higher rent and she supplys my products??

as a salon owner, i'd probably prefer to rent from the start, either as a set amount or on a commission basis. Its cheaper for the salon and your encouraged to get as many people in as possible. if you do commission based then noone has to lay out any money, if you dont get any clients you dont have to pay anything but if you get say 10 clients you'd get 50% of that. youve got potential to earn more and so has the salon. Imagine if she's charging you £20 a day and your doing 8 sets of acrylics at £20 each, thats £140 take home in a day (after you pay her)! Shes gonna be wondering whats the point of having you.
We're going to do it on a 50/50 basis as we're providing products and the space and they're doing the work so on a set of Clear at £23, she'd get £11.50 and so would we, not bad for an hours work. Potential to earn like £80 for a days work isnt bad.

Employers wont have to pay national insurance or anything and can put it through the books as rent so dont have to pay tax on it, so its benefical to them.

Thank you, At the moment iam looking to start off as cheaply as possible, which is why i was thinking of the lower rent and her to pay for products and stuff, she has already said that she wants to rent the station out as she doesnt really want anything to do with it and doesnt know anything about nails etc.

Im not really sure as the what to suggest, thank you Divalou your post was really helpful xx

as a salon owner, i'd probably prefer to rent from the start, either as a set amount or on a commission basis. Its cheaper for the salon and your encouraged to get as many people in as possible. if you do commission based then noone has to lay out any money, if you dont get any clients you dont have to pay anything but if you get say 10 clients you'd get 50% of that. youve got potential to earn more and so has the salon. Imagine if she's charging you £20 a day and your doing 8 sets of acrylics at £20 each, thats £140 take home in a day (after you pay her)! Shes gonna be wondering whats the point of having you.
We're going to do it on a 50/50 basis as we're providing products and the space and they're doing the work so on a set of Clear at £23, she'd get £11.50 and so would we, not bad for an hours work. Potential to earn like £80 for a days work isnt bad.

Employers wont have to pay national insurance or anything and can put it through the books as rent so dont have to pay tax on it, so its benefical to them.
Hi Divalou-hope you dont mind me asking this! I was just wandering, if you take a %age for when they are working, what do you do if say for eg, they take a few eeks off on hol?Do you charge them rent then or just not get anything for the time they are in? Im just asking because Im looking to rent out my space when my salon opens and have been really stuck as to how to go about it!Many Thanks!x

I have worked on 50/50 before, and on a percentage, in the last salon I rented in I paid the owner 25% of everything I made, this was a really good arrangement to be honest and I would recommend it however be sure to cover everything inyour initial contract, as the salon owner wanted to charge me full rent after 3 months, by then I didnt have a client base and couldnt afford the rent I put so much effort into being there that it almost felt like a waste of timewhen I left.

In York I was charged £150 for desk rent, products and clients supplied it sounds a lot but it was soooooo worth it I can promise you!!

The 50/50 never workedout for me,as the owner (whom wasnt a beauty therapist I hasten to add) just didnt agree everytime I needed to re-order, she wanted me to re use the bit I had cut off tips and use cotton wool instead of lint free pads, it was very frustrating and I gave up there!! This may have been purely cos she was not in the same industry as me though am sure in the right situation 50/50 could work very well.

hth

I think have it set before you go in!!! I worked in a salon starting off self employed my rent was 250 per week it wasn't as busy as the owner made out then she kept trying to bump up my rent through out on top of the 250 per week!!!! Total con woman!!!!! But now i am in a salon the owner is great with me and my rent has never went up in 3 years and i get so many people trying to poach me but i'm so wary of people i just stick with the good owner i'm wai!!!!!

Latest posts

Back