Renting a room in a hairdressing salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstyInglis

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me? I've recently been made redundant at work, so have decided i'd like to do beauty full time. I do acrylics, uv gel polish, waxing, spray tanning and lash extensions! I went to see someone who owns a salon in a small town in East Lothian, Scotland. She is offering me a small room for £50 a day, then to put it up to £60 a day after Christmas as I am new to all this, I'm not sure if its reasonable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated xxx :green:

Ummm £50 a day seems like quite a lot, I pay £70 a week going up to £150 a week when I'm more established.

If you were in salon 5days that would be £250 a week, think how many treatments you would have to do to make a profit.

Obviously I don't know the area but that still seems a bit steep

Kimxx

that seems very expensive to me, i pay £50 per week an was technically just rentin half of a top floor off a hairdressers but as the other half wasnt used he let me spread out so iv paid and done his salon up and added treatments rooms so he keeps it at the same price :) if i was you i would look around you will find cheaper

I agree that it seems a lot to pay per day. You need to consider your own situation though, depends also on how much you can rely on earning per day, will you need to spend money decorating, is there a ready made client base with good track record of regular appointments, insurance costs, price lists, advertising etc. If its generally a busy salon you could do well or if not you could be supporting the upkeep.:) Just my thoughts.

This is far to much per day! I would look for something else, there are plenty of salons, if you phone up and ask if they have any space for rent, i am sure eventually you will find a non greedy one! hopefully

i am just opening a shop in basildon essex and am paying 160 a week and thats a shop to my self:)

Thanks everyone for the replies, i did think it was a bit steep!! that would be 1000 a month - could rent my own salon for that surely! Thanks again :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back