Renting a room on Saturdays only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missty25

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the oppertunity to rent a beauty room within a hairdressers for £10 per day. I cannot do more days than this because I have 1 more year of studying to go. I am qualified to level 3 beauty and also do minx and shellac. I am going to have a trial of a few days in the near future to see how it goes.

I also work another 6 hours per week in paid employment which I'm not willing to give up and this is evenings so would not coincide with any times that I would be working through the day.

Any money that I make will go straight back into the business I am not planning on taking a wage at first, I want to complete further training and use any money made to do this. This is only until my course is finished next summer and then I will be taking a wage and increasing my hours.

I understand that I will need to register with HMRC and I have current insurance.

Do you think I am crazy to even consider doing this or like the way I see it think that it is a golden oppertunity to build up a clientel for when my course is finished as well as a means to an end to help with the cost towards other training I want to do?

Thanks

P.S. I have previusly worked in a salon for a year and decided to further my qualifications so am not inexperienced with carrying out treatments, dealing with customers etc. Thanks for reading my rather long post!:green:

i say go for it. at the end of the day it's only £10 you'll have to find if you don't have any clients and we've all got a spare £10 haven't we? i think it'd be a great chance for you to build up your confidence and get your name out there so that you can start building up your clients for when you have finished the extra course you are doing. it's not a big risk you are taking and there's nothing to lose. if you try it and it doesn't work for you then atleast you can say you tried rather than wondering what if. i think it's a great idea to get set up asap and starting earning money so that you can put it towards other courses and products. if you can do that now and not have to worry about taking a wage then that's even better :D good luck! :D x

Bump, anyone else please? :D

Go for it love!!!

It's the perfect opportunity to get yourself started, build up some clients, and you never know, you might love it so much that you're prepared to give up your evening job, and take on more hours in the salon. And if it doesn't work, at least you've given it a try.

One word of caution - check your contract (and I do recommend you sign one), and see what notice you have to give if you do want to get out/if they want to get you out. You never know what might happen down the line, so check the small print and make sure you won't be taken for a ride.

Good luck!!!!

Go for it love!!!

It's the perfect opportunity to get yourself started, build up some clients, and you never know, you might love it so much that you're prepared to give up your evening job, and take on more hours in the salon. And if it doesn't work, at least you've given it a try.

One word of caution - check your contract (and I do recommend you sign one), and see what notice you have to give if you do want to get out/if they want to get you out. You never know what might happen down the line, so check the small print and make sure you won't be taken for a ride.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for your reply.

I have come to the conclusion that life really is too short, so I am going to go for it.

Like you say if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world, I suppose I'd rather regret doing it than not doing it.

Thanks once again:D

I would definitely go for it! Just make sure there are no 'extras' to pay such as electric or water etc.. For £10 you can't go wrong! I was paying twice that per day when I rented 2 days a week..

I would love to find somewhere for £10 a day. :biggrin:

Good Luck and let us know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back