Renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma26

Reaction score
Hi everyone
ok i rent a room in a hairdressers about 3months ago im still there!
I have my insurance but i am not sure if im supposed to contact anyone else to let them know i am renting this room my husband said since i am not making much money yet i dont have to contact inland revenue as he is an accountant but said to keep all receipts and a note of everything i spend. Do i have to get the room checked out by a council member or something any information would be appreciated.I dont do any earpeircing or anything just beauty and acrylic nails
thanks for replies xxx

The only other things I would check is;

Unless the hairdresser is the owner of the building, do they have permission from their landlord to sublet? If not this could leave you exposed to being kicked out if the landlord ever found out as the hairdresser would be in breach of their lease / tenancy agreement.

As the whole property been designated as a business property by your local town planning office and if so for what use. For example if the property has planning consent to sell fish and chips and is now doing hair and nails a change of use would need to be registered with them. (A bit of an extreme example I realise and i don't suggest your clients are resting their hands on the chip fryer while you work:)) You can establish this by contacting the local planning office.

Good luck.

thank you for your help mr jeff i will look into what you said :)

just wondering what you have to do if you want to do ear piercing? do you need to let someone know?

just wondering what you have to do if you want to do ear piercing? do you need to let someone know?

Hi
If you want to do ear piercing, you will need a license from your local council, in sheffield it is £250 for a license, and the council will need to come out and look at the premises.

Laura

As you are self employed, you need to inform the tax office within 3 months of starting to sort out your tax and insurance.
If you don't inform them within 3 months then you could face a fine so i would contact your local tax office asap.

Latest posts

Back