Quantcast

Repair charges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

pure

Reaction score
I thought I had covered everything when I decided on my prices.:rolleyes:

I charge £3 for nail repairs at the time of the reballance.

However, I have no price set for a repair outside of a normal appointment.

I've just had a call from one of my clients who is booked in for a reballance on Thursday but has broken a nail today and would like it repaired for a party she's going to on Wednesday.

I'm mobile so I said I would pop round tomorrow night after another client but I can't just charge £3 for the visit surely?

What would you recommend I charge. My hubby says £10 but that seems excessive to me:irked: although I know I have to charge for my time.

Jennykins

Reaction score
I'm sure mobile techs will be able to answer this better but you may want to consider having a minimum call out charge so that your clients know whats its going to cost them for you to pop over and fix the odd nail.

i'm home based so charge £3.50 whether its a repair at their maintenance appointment or in between appointments.

sazzy

Reaction score
when i was mobile i charged a 'call out' charge of £5 on top of my charge of £3.50 for a repair. if customers weren't happy with this i offered them the alternative of calling in at my house to get their nail repaired.
Sarah
xx

elizabethnails

Reaction score
I usually charge 2 USD for my customers calling with nail repairs. I have customers who are very active with kids and I get this type of calls all the time.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
This is awkward. I agree with Jennykins that you should have a minimum charge, and if I were the client I would understand that. Also, if the party's important she will probably be happy to pay it. But I can be a bit of a softie with clients, and I would probably say, don't worry about it this time but next time I will have to charge you £x

Can you not fit her in for a rebalance before the party?

pure

Reaction score
This is awkward. I agree with Jennykins that you should have a minimum charge, and if I were the client I would understand that. Also, if the party's important she will probably be happy to pay it. But I can be a bit of a softie with clients, and I would probably say, don't worry about it this time but next time I will have to charge you £x

Can you not fit her in for a rebalance before the party?
I know what you mean about being a softie!! I'm the same, I think I have to keep telling myself that this is a business and I'm not here to do them a favour!!

Unfortunately she is booked for her reballance anyway on Thursday but I'm doing another clients reballance tonight and booked for a facial tomorrow night (I only work evenings atm) so I'm going to pop over tonight after my other client to fix it for her, so it's going to be a late night!

Jennykins

Reaction score
when i was mobile i charged a 'call out' charge of £5 on top of my charge of £3.50 for a repair. if customers weren't happy with this i offered them the alternative of calling in at my house to get their nail repaired.
Sarah
xx
this is what i did when i was mobile...

Latest posts