Repair of peeling nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdn

Reaction score
I have a client who has gelish on every 4/5 weeks. She has it on for up to 3weeks then has it removed to leave nails natural for a couple weeks. Last time her nails had badly peeled whilst natural. She had used hand cream regularly and worn gloves when cleaning. Have any of you experienced this with a client? I am thinking of trying to persuade her to use oil ( she doesnt like me trying to sell her anything) instead of the handcream. Is it ok to keep using gelish?

Definitely nail oil! It seems like the dryness causing the flaking is caused by not wearing the Gelish
I had a client who had severe flaky nails, and we kept them really short as free edge just flaked away. I used IBX treatment and repair on her with much improvement. She only had manicures. Then for her holiday she had Shellac, came back after 3 weeks, nails looking good, removed Shellac no peeling. Now she wears Shellac all the time with IBX applied first. The only time I see flaking now might be on an area the Shellac has lifted or chipped when her service is due.
With her it is the exposure to the elements that cause her flaking ie. water, not the gel.

Yes, a good nail oil is essential for everybody - do you offer IBX? Its remarkable at helping with splits and peeling....

Why don't you give her a gift of a little pinky bottle of nail oil to show her how it will benefit her nails. Then she might actually invest down the road.

When I used to go to salons, I used to have the same issue about the therapist "selling me things". But if I was shown that the product was really beneficial then I would be interested. (I think I had too may facials where the therapist would write down a long list of products and direct me to the spa shop, so I would spend a fortune and she would get her commission, lol).

Thanks guys. Think I will do the 'gift'of oil. As you say it will prove it works.

I have found that the biggest cause of flaking/peeling nails is cleaning products. Clients will often say they use gloves but I think it's a bit like me saying to the doctor that I only have a "couple" of glasses of wine per week.

I would definitely look into investing in IBX for delamination, it works wonders.

Latest posts

Back