Repairs, what are your terms?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs hardy

Reaction score
Just looking for advice on everyone's terms on gelish repairs ie chips or lifting after certain no of days. Would you replace free of charge if so after how many days or would you charge per nail to soak off and reapply per nail, hand etc. Had a client today who had chipped app 4 nails after 7 days so I replaced them free of charge, but I'm wondering am I leaving myself open to being taken advantage of here. Of course when nails are chipped I ask the usual questions on how this happened but clients never admit to picking or neglecting their nails x

All repairs must be paid for.

However

if I like them, if they're a regular, if they normally take care and are not taking the pi55, and if it's within a couple of days I MIGHT waive the charge especially if they offer to pay.

All repairs must be paid for.

However

if I like them, if they're a regular, if they normally take care and are not taking the pi55, and if it's within a couple of days I MIGHT waive the charge especially if they offer to pay.
Seems reasonable blossom thanks xx

Great advise, I was thinking about this too and I'm sure there is a lot of people out there who would wreck there nails and not think twice about expecting free repairs. I am going to add this to my aftercare that all repairs will be charged at.....(how much do you charge for repairs? would it be per nail?)

I charge for all repairs regardless of the time frame , i use shellac,gelish and cuccio . The only one i get problems with is cuccio it seems to just peel off the nail plate . I do not give a guarantee with any gel polish but i do offer 3 systems and i know as a professional one of my systems will suit my clients but after 7 days i would never offer a free repair service even as a good will gesture.

Great advise, I was thinking about this too and I'm sure there is a lot of people out there who would wreck there nails and not think twice about expecting free repairs. I am going to add this to my aftercare that all repairs will be charged at.....(how much do you charge for repairs? would it be per nail?)
I'm maybe thinking £1.50 per nail, does this seem reasonable, I know some can get e wks from gelish. The hairdresser a I work with has them for over with 2 wks with no chipping and she colours and washes haur without gloves so I can't understand why some claim to do nothing with their nails yet they're chipping

1/10th the price of a new set?

Badymay which 3 systems do you offer out of interest, do you find they suit different nail types? :)

Shellac seems to suits most clients it is just lack of colours that made me stock gelish , but in my opinion gelish is not so kind on the natural nail so i invested in cuccio but the only complaints i ever have is when we have used cuccio , it seems to just peel off the nail plate and that is such a shame i had such hopes for the brand. I suppose in a perfect world i am looking for shellac with unlimited colours with out additives etc just a normal application without any add on.

Latest posts

Back