Repeat business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparadise

Reaction score
How do you build up repeat business. I have just started up but find that people come and get a service done, and only hear from 1% of customers again. I have only being going 2 months, so maybe this is why. But I thought maybe niavely that once someone came once they would be there the next month and so on.

People say to me that say gel nails is for a wedding or something like that. Is this normal or do you think that I am doing something wrong and basically they are not coming back cause they dont think my service is good enough or something. Any advice would be appreciated. :sad:

hi, i think you could ask this question over and over, the only people who will know the right answer is the clients you've done.It could be that if you've only been going two months that people have had a better or faster service elsewhere or simply because people just havn't got spare cash at the minute. Always strive to do your best thats all you can do, good luck for the future.:D

There's a zillion reasons someone may not come back. if you're confident in your work, you don't have to worry it's because they didn't like the service. i've now had my small studio salon open for 7 months. i have two clients whom have been with my from the very start. all of my other regulars are through blood, sweat and tears (and a horrible daily deal promotion DO NOT DO THIS).

I would say right now I have about 15 regulars. And no, gel nails are not just for weddings. I wear them constantly (although I will be married this year hopefully) and so does my mom. I only do abut 4 sets a month, as Shellac is booming business for me!

One of the best ways to build client loyalty is through a loyalty card system. If they come in for say... 4 Shellac's, their 5th one is 50% off. See what I mean? You could use any service in place of that as well. I will be creating loyalty cards and also keeping track of it on my laptop. It's something to think about.

Id say definitely follow up with every cliebnts 2 to 3 weeks via email, text or phone call depending on the client or your personal preference. I'm also assuming that you have been collecting client information with client cards.
Loyalty cards are also a great idea. A referal program (offer something whether it be a free gift, amount off per referal etc).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back