Repetitive strain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginge1995

Reaction score
I’m really struggling with repetitive strain at the moment and I wondered if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to help resolve it.

It’s so hard as I don’t want to stop doing my clients but i am in quite a bit of pain some days now.

Thanks xx

I took a week off, I had to I was in so much pain, you will end up doing more damage if you dont rest it x

I see a chiropractor & regularly go for sports massages to help. They will recommend heat or ice combined with the treatment.

I see a chiropractor & regularly go for sports massages to help. They will recommend heat or ice combined with the treatment.
thankyou Nicky x

I’m really struggling with repetitive strain at the moment and I wondered if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to help resolve it.

It’s so hard as I don’t want to stop doing my clients but i am in quite a bit of pain some days now.

Thanks xx
Hello

I've had this issue, I have a small nodule on my right wrist that sticks up out of the skin that causes pain. I've been meaning to ask someone about this for ages.

I know there is wrist bands that are a available to purchase online but do these really work?

Would be interested to hear any advise about this.

Thanks xx

Where do you get it? Just the last few months I’ve been getting stiff fingers in the morning (I’ve been hairdressing 23yrs now), I’ve had my busiest year for bridal parties and find when I’m doing lots of curls thats when it happens, il wake up the next morning and I’m stiff once i move my fingers about for a min it goes away but very annoying, i took some time off recently and didn’t have any problems so i know its work related

I see an osteopath for my back and wrist/hands.. works really well. When they are really bad I have straps on my wrists xxxx

i found tint brushes did it for me. i was using protip small tint brushes for all my root touch ups because they make it go faster than most other brands, and doing that 8-10 times a day for 20-30 minutes, 5 days a week really takes a toll on you, so i ordered a few large protio tint brushes from salons direct along with one of every framar tint brushes, and that helped a lot, i also got a pair of swivel thumb scissors that help a ton to reduce strain

i found tint brushes did it for me. i was using protip small tint brushes for all my root touch ups because they make it go faster than most other brands, and doing that 8-10 times a day for 20-30 minutes, 5 days a week really takes a toll on you, so i ordered a few large protio tint brushes from salons direct along with one of every framar tint brushes, and that helped a lot, i also got a pair of swivel thumb scissors that help a ton to reduce strain

Ooo I will try both of those as I have always used pro tip thank you x

Where do you get it? Just the last few months I’ve been getting stiff fingers in the morning (I’ve been hairdressing 23yrs now), I’ve had my busiest year for bridal parties and find when I’m doing lots of curls thats when it happens, il wake up the next morning and I’m stiff once i move my fingers about for a min it goes away but very annoying, i took some time off recently and didn’t have any problems so i know its work related
I have this and mine are completely numb when I wake. My gp said it’s “morning fingers” and as long as it disappears within 45 mins then it’s ok however it is a sign of problems in the future...

Hello

I've had this issue, I have a small nodule on my right wrist that sticks up out of the skin that causes pain. I've been meaning to ask someone about this for ages.

I know there is wrist bands that are a available to purchase online but do these really work?

Would be interested to hear any advise about this.

Thanks xx
I had this and mentioned it to my dr as it was becoming painful. Was send for a scan and it turns out it was Synovitis which can be easily sorted with steroid injections into the area.

I have nerve & muscle damage in both my hands/arms for now its manageable, some days I struggle with pain but with the odd cortisone injection at my doctors it really helps & works a treat!

Latest posts

Back