Reply to my Gumtree ad sounds dodgy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kankan

Reaction score
Hi haven't posted for a while, I'm a mobile nail tech and have had a reply To my ad on gumtree, trouble is it sounds familiar in a weird way. I've done a search on here but nothing came up. Basically it's a bloke asking about having nails done as he lost a bet with a girl. Am I being paranoid??? Just feels weird as it's like I've read the message before!!

In my old job in a local salon I had a male come in and had a full set of gel extensions done and he told me that he was taking part in a drag act?! Now I'm a mobile tech too and I've had another male contact me asking to do extensions and I said due to the nature of my business I don't do men's nails but did refer him to my friends salon but she never heard from him!

I think there was a thread on here a while back with a man asking to have his nails done due to losing a bet.

I would ignore x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can top that lol I once had a message from a man asking if I would come and do manicure and make up and help him get dressed he apparently needed help getting into his tight leather clothing!! He was looking this done every Friday and the money would be good!! Politely said no and then he turned nasty was going to tie a b##ch like me up cause he liked to see women struggle!! When I didn't reply to his message he then text the next day so ask what colour of lip stick I was wearing! He obviously didn't know me as I never wear make up to my full time work. Some people have little to do with there time - I could think of better things to be doing.

Gumtree really annoys me. You get all sorts of weird replies to ads. I was selling a pair of boots once and a man kept texting saying he wished they were a size 9 as he would love a pair of women's boots. When I stopped answering he then started asking if I thought he was weird and then began to get nasty. In the end I blocked the number.

I can top that lol I once had a message from a man asking if I would come and do manicure and make up and help him get dressed he apparently needed help getting into his tight leather clothing!! He was looking this done every Friday and the money would be good!! Politely said no and then he turned nasty was going to tie a b##ch like me up cause he liked to see women struggle!! When I didn't reply to his message he then text the next day so ask what colour of lip stick I was wearing! He obviously didn't know me as I never wear make up to my full time work. Some people have little to do with there time - I could think of better things to be doing.

OMG! Wow! That's bad :Scared: I had a guy come to my nail studio and ask about my pricing and what I do for each manicure. I asked if he wanted his nails buffed or have clear coat to finish and he said he liked red nail polish. :eek: I didn't expect that, he looked like a regular older man, could have been anyone's dad. He looked about in his fifties with grey hair, dressed conservatively. I got all tongue-tied and tried to say, sure, not a problem, you know? But it was obvious that I was caught off guard. He never made an appointment and I never saw him again. Poor dear, maybe he's a trannie or is just a normal-looking gay guy. Who knows? :o Whenever I think about it I feel bad that I may have offended him. Then again, maybe he was just a weirdo and I should be glad he's never come back? Again, who knows?

I got a text from Gumtree asking if I did a happy ending with my massage (even though it stated no sexual services) I replied 'oh yes, my husband can dress up as a clown and do a silly dance at the end, that what you are looking for' ;)

I was at one stage considering going to the police with the messages but I thought I would be wasting my time, although I did google the number and it appeared that he had done the same thing to another girl in the same area as me who was doing mobile spray tanning. I will eventually find out who owns the number and track them down. Revenge is a dish best served cold!! Terrible I know but he deserves it lol as they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!! Sorry bit of a want there lol

I was at one stage considering going to the police with the messages but I thought I would be wasting my time, although I did google the number and it appeared that he had done the same thing to another girl in the same area as me who was doing mobile spray tanning. I will eventually find out who owns the number and track them down. Revenge is a dish best served cold!! Terrible I know but he deserves it lol as they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!! Sorry bit of a want there lol

That's why it's good that you can now block numbers on modern phones!

I got a text from Gumtree asking if I did a happy ending with my massage (even though it stated no sexual services) I replied 'oh yes, my husband can dress up as a clown and do a silly dance at the end, that what you are looking for' ;)

Omg lol that did make me laugh

Dude sent me an email asking if I would razor/shave his intimates instead of waxing, because.... he is afraid of the pain!! Told him to F the F off and not ever email me again. Yes, some men as creeps but the majority is decent.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Dude sent me an email asking if I would razor/shave his intimates instead of waxing, because.... he is afraid of the pain!! Told him to F the F off and not ever email me again. Yes, some men as creeps but the majority is decent.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I've had this too!

There's every possibility he could be just having a laugh, but also just as likely to either be a cross-dresser, undergoing gender re-assignment or just have a thing about fingernails and is too embarrassed to say and testing the waters in case he gets judged! If you're not comfortable with it fair enough, but he could turn out to be one of your most loyal clients ;)

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Me three! Xx

Wow thanks for the replies, some of these have made me chuckle! It's not so much I'm uncomfortable doing it, it's more it sounded so familiar, plus do I really wanna spend 2 hrs (I'm fairly new and still takes ages lol) to do a set of extensions for him to rip them off in a day, yes money's great but.... Hubby's immediate reaction was ignore it! Hmmm trying to decide whether to reply now!

Ha ha ha that video really made me chuckle 😆

When I first started renting a table several years ago back up north I had several very regular good male clients, majority for French acrylic overlays but two for extensions who were drag artists, I had to go to them though (except for one bloke who in his own words didn't give two what anyone thought) as they were concerned about 'chavs' seeing them having their nails done and receiving abuse.
No doubt some guys may be dodgy - but defo not all and some can turn out to be excellent regulars xx

Latest posts

Back