Reputable salon or nailtech in Sydney (Northern Beaches)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roLLerGirL

Reaction score
Hi, first of all I want to say great site!

I have had acrylics before, but now want to try gel nails.

I was going to go to a nail salon in a shopping centre but decided to do some research as their price lists seemed a bit odd.

Ok, what I found sus was the description of the gel nails. Having acrylics I know that they are liquid + powder. The gel nails I see advertised say they are "Powder Gels", full set is $60, Infills is $35.

Is this right? I'm confused as I thought gel didnt have liquid + powder.

Can anyone recommend a reputable salon or nailtech in Sydney (Northern Beaches area)?

How much should a good quality set of nails be?

i have a similar product from dream it is an odour free monomer that you mix with powder and this has to be cured is that what you were thinking of?

Forgive my ignorance of the geography of Sydney it may not be any good to you but look at Nailzoo site (on here) I'd go there if I could

maybe better off with Australian Professional Fingernail Association website
APFA - The Australian Association for Professional Nail Practitioners
The North Shore is across the bridge, although not that far (as the crow flies) it's almost another world, gels are another world also (odd huh) but gels never really took off here, well they did, but beauty salons doing them (not nail techs) soon killed their reputation off.
However there is an advertisement I sometimes see at the top of the screen in here for a gel distributor, perhaps you would be better off contacting a distributor (perhaps a creative distributor) to point you in the right direction for a gel technician.

Hi there

Contact
NailMart Caringbah 02 95 262 457
Creative Head Office QLD 1800 672 800 [Pacific Nail & Beauty]
Didgits Nail Studio Blacktown 02 96 213 469
Cherie is the Australian Education Ambassador for Creative Nail Design & will be able to help also.
Beauty Warehouse Fivedock 1800 624 267

HtH

XX J XX

Hi Guys,

So sorry - I forgot about this post I wrote over a year ago! :o

I gave up on gels & decided to go back to acrylics. I finally found a salon nearby & got Pink & White acrylics done - I was impressed with how quickly she did them and how well she put the white acrylic on with perfect smiley lines. They were quite nice but I did soak them off after a month as work got hectic & I knew I wouldn't get the infills done.

Last Thurs I decided to start again @ the same salon. Unfortunately I didn't get the same person & I'm not entirely happy with what I have. I started to get lifting the same day & less than a week later most nails have lifting. This has NEVER happened to me - especially after 4 days - I'm extremely careful with my nails.

I was talked out of having white acrylic & had the pink covering the entire nail rather than the white acrylic over the extention (with pink acrylic) like last time. I felt that this was due to the woman being rushed rather than it being concern with how real they looked. I wish I had insisted because the thick pink acrylic stands out like a sore thumb over the extension.

Looks like I'll be salon hunting again. :(

Latest posts

Back