Resin/glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapphireBeaux

Reaction score
Hi, anyone have any bright ideas.... My CND gel bond lid is stuck! If I cut open the bottom, any thing I can store it in that it won't harden and that I can open and use??? It's a real long shot I know!

It's unlikely to work, as soon as the adhesive is exposed to the air it will start to harden.

I've had trouble with my Gel bond in the past too, I got mine open eventually by dropping drips of acetone round the lid where it meets the metal of the tube. It took a while and a pair of pliers (be careful not to twist the tube too much that it splits). The acetone started to breakdown the adhesive and I was able to get it open.

It does take time and patience though, but I was determined :lol:

A little trick to stop it happening again is to smear a little solar oil over the nozzle before recapping each time.

HTH

It's unlikely to work, as soon as the adhesive is exposed to the air it will start to harden.

I've had trouble with my Gel bond in the past too, I got mine open eventually by dropping drips of acetone round the lid where it meets the metal of the tube. It took a while and a pair of pliers (be careful not to twist the tube too much that it splits). The acetone started to breakdown the adhesive and I was able to get it open.

It does take time and patience though, but I was determined :lol:

A little trick to stop it happening again is to smear a little solar oil over the nozzle before recapping each time.

HTH

Defo was a long shot! Thanks for the tip that sounds like a great idea. I'm gutted as I didn't want to waste it, it's almost full! I haven't used it in forever as I don't tip any more I sculpt. But I was going to try out my crystals using it as suggested by another geek instead of the usual top coat. I will try the acetone though. I know what you mean about twisting the tube and it splitting!! 🙈 lol thanks

Latest posts

Back