Resistant whites using Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Just looking for a little help, on clients with resistant white/grey haif or complete white/grey roots I only use wella double bases I.e 66/0 55/0 I have a lady who comes in who has 66/0 on her roots I leave on 45 mins with a cap on the keep the heat and there are still a few resistant grey hairs on the Parting that won't cover.. the mix is not too watery I do it quite thick and Saturate each section so I can't understand as to of why it's not covering? Is maximum time 45 mins with wella koleston perfect?

Just looking for a little help, on clients with resistant white/grey haif or complete white/grey roots I only use wella double bases I.e 66/0 55/0 I have a lady who comes in who has 66/0 on her roots I leave on 45 mins with a cap on the keep the heat and there are still a few resistant grey hairs on the Parting that won't cover.. the mix is not too watery I do it quite thick and Saturate each section so I can't understand as to of why it's not covering? Is maximum time 45 mins with wella koleston perfect?
Do you weigh your colour and developer?
Also do you re apply after 10 mins, I find that with some clients the colour almost slips off the white corse hairs, so I usually go back through the sections after about 10 mins and just make sure all the hair is saturated! Also taking smaller sections might help with better coverage. If you already do all of the above then only other things I can suggest is either pre softening the hair? Or cleansing the hair before you apply your colour. Hope this helps

I have also found that the double bases sometimes don't cover very well in wella kp for some reason, we have had a lot of similar situations in our salon, I used normal base on one client and it covered better and I pre softened another client which worked well but is time consuming if your under pressure in your salon..
Another thing I have found to work for me is if I apply neat base to the regrowth area before the colour and it is a little quicker than pre softening..

ID is great for grey coverage , 2 parts tint to 1 part 9% , it really does work .

I use neat base on resistant and then normal application , always works for me

Try it with 25vol= 1:1= 30vol+20vol for a little extra boost if hair is on the coarser side which most white hair is. Or like stated above Wella may just not be the brand for her. I brought in INOA when it first came out & no matter what, it wouldn't cover fully on white hair lv.6-. Best coverage I found is Redken Cover fusion
385015-redken_cover_fusion_hair_color.png

Latest posts

Back