Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chellebelle004

Reaction score
Grrrrr as the title suggests I'm resisting the urge to take a pregnancy test.
It's only my second month off the pill. My first period a month ago came bang on time as usual (early afternoon) now I'm due on again and no sign.
I know it's too early to give in and take a test. For a start if I get into that habit it's a waste of money.
I said to my husband I won't rush to take one I'll wait a bit and bless him he said 'a couple of weeks!?' I laughed and said no a couple of days!
How did any of you cope with this waiting game every month? I know some are still playing it :(
Funny how we spend so many years trying to avoid it and now we want it so much!

Grrrrr as the title suggests I'm resisting the urge to take a pregnancy test.
It's only my second month off the pill. My first period a month ago came bang on time as usual (early afternoon) now I'm due on again and no sign.
I know it's too early to give in and take a test. For a start if I get into that habit it's a waste of money.
I said to my husband I won't rush to take one I'll wait a bit and bless him he said 'a couple of weeks!?' I laughed and said no a couple of days!
How did any of you cope with this waiting game every month? I know some are still playing it :(
Funny how we spend so many years trying to avoid it and now we want it so much!

It's hard to wait, I'm impatient and couldn't wait at all...I've 3 children, first one unplanned at a young age so had no idea! With the two planned pregnancies I didn't even wait for my husband to be home from work, I did them on my lunch break as my period always came first thing in the morning! He was p****d with me but he got over it lol!

I'm not much help I know x

It's hard to wait, I'm impatient and couldn't wait at all...I've 3 children, first one unplanned at a young age so had no idea! With the two planned pregnancies I didn't even wait for my husband to be home from work, I did them on my lunch break as my period always came first thing in the morning! He was p****d with me but he got over it lol!

I think most women are the same when trying for a baby. I don't know how anyone can be laid back about it.
I'm already planning when I should take it. I'm thinking if there's no sign in the morning do I wake hubby at 6am and do it then or wait til I get home from work or do I hold off til Wednesday eeeek!

I think most women are the same when trying for a baby. I don't know how anyone can be laid back about it.
I'm already planning when I should take it. I'm thinking if there's no sign in the morning do I wake hubby at 6am and do it then or wait til I get home from work or do I hold off til Wednesday eeeek!

Whichever day you choose do it first thing as the hormone in your urine will be more concentrated x

Whichever day you choose do it first thing as the hormone in your urine will be more concentrated x

Yes I've read that actually. I'll probably do it Wednesday morning. The thing is deep down I know it'll come and I'll probably be like this month on month. Relax girl relax!
Thanks for replying. Sometimes you just need to tell someone don't you

Get a bundle of cheapies from amazon, then you can indulge without spending lots. Its so hard to resist and we were trying for 2 years x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I've read that actually. I'll probably do it Wednesday morning. The thing is deep down I know it'll come and I'll probably be like this month on month. Relax girl relax!
Thanks for replying. Sometimes you just need to tell someone don't you

Try not to obsess over it hun, relax and enjoy the trying xx

Pound land do them, I brought loads when trying lol x

I bought extra early testing strips off eBay they are ones used in hospital, I couldn't wait either, came off the pill and never see a period, bought a couple of clear blue and both negative got the strip ones and I done one at 6am and was very faint! Rung hubby he was on the train to London! Xx

Do it in the morning, why wait. Pack of 2 in tesco are like £3.50. With my first 2 pregnancies I knew instantly I was pregnant, you know you just feel it. I tested before my missed period cause I was so certain but this time was different - my periods are all over the place so didn't have a clue - i was a week late before I finally tested. Hope you get a positive result!

How exciting! I couldn't wait and I did my test 3 days before my period using a rapid response test. Got a very faint positive and sure enough I was pregnant. I have to say the Clear Blues weren't very accurate for me. I used the cheapie ovulation test sticks from Amazon as well. I remember all the obsessing I was doing trying to get pregnant and now my daughter is 7 months next week :) I kind of had an inkling I was pregnant as I had absolutely no pmt that month, my boobs were all squishy and weren't tender at all and I had to wee every 15 mins haha! Good luck! Xx

I am exactly the same, I buy loads of tests each month! I am certain I am pregnant now but the tests come back negative (still too early I think!) so it's just a waiting game! So annoying! Lol x

I am exactly the same, I buy loads of tests each month! I am certain I am pregnant now but the tests come back negative (still too early I think!) so it's just a waiting game! So annoying! Lol x

What makes you think you are?

Thanks for your responses everyone.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to come on. Although it's unusual there's no sign of it when I go to the toilet I do have a bit of niggly cramps.
That's why I'll give it tomorrow

I was awful for taking pregnancy tests if I was one or two days late use to waste so much money. Just before our wedding my period was one day late. I took pregnancy test and it came up negative! I was gutted but guessed we would just try on honeymoon. But after a couple of dats with no period I just knew I was I felt it. A week later I took the test again. 4 times it was positive. That was May last year. She was born 26th February your time will come when you least expect it and you will just know. Xxx

I was awful for taking pregnancy tests if I was one or two days late use to waste so much money. Just before our wedding my period was one day late. I took pregnancy test and it came up negative! I was gutted but guessed we would just try on honeymoon. But after a couple of dats with no period I just knew I was I felt it. A week later I took the test again. 4 times it was positive. That was May last year. She was born 26th February your time will come when you least expect it and you will just know. Xxx

Aw that's a nice story.

What makes you think you are?

Thanks for your responses everyone.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to come on. Although it's unusual there's no sign of it when I go to the toilet I do have a bit of niggly cramps.
That's why I'll give it tomorrow

I had a period when I was meant to but it was very very different to normal, my boobs are getting sore everday and I'm getting more prominent veins on them everyday. Also I feel sick and my stomach feels funny after every time I eat. And I don't think it's all in my head lol x

I had a period when I was meant to but it was very very different to normal, my boobs are getting sore everday and I'm getting more prominent veins on them everyday. Also I feel sick and my stomach feels funny after every time I eat. And I don't think it's all in my head lol x

I guess everyone gets different symptoms at different times. Fingers crossed for you x

Let us know how you get on, how long were you on the pill for? X

I tested 4 days early and got positive test with my last two babies. I didn't really need the test though as I knew probably a week before. I just felt full. I also knew what sex each baby was without finding out at the scan. My boy was called "him" from the get go and my little girls were "her".
I usally guess when others are pregnant too. I will just look and think "you are pregnant" and then a few weeks later they announce it. I am right on guessing the sex of the babys in others 50% of the time ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back