Retail Products & Beauty Evenings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xChloex

Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody who is mobile uses the opportunity to sell retail products to their clients? If so, what sort of products do you take with you to sell and how often do clients want to buy?

Another quick question, me and a friend have started up "Beauty Evenings" and they're becoming quite successful. Now, instead of offering a free treatment to the Host, we want to give them a free gift but are stuck on ideas of what to give.....any suggestions? I know you lot can help me!!!

xx

What do you do at your Beauty Evenings? Might help to know so people can suggest things that tie in with what you offer.

I use Creative products and do nails, manicures & pedicures mobile, I always give a mini bottle of solar oil with nails/mani and a small cucmber heel therapy with Pedi this can help with retail sales and encourage re booking,... cos if they want the product they have to phone me.:)

I do take a few things with me (retail) and I have info on my leaflet of the things they can buy and if they would like a particular polish etc that I don't have on me I take one with me on my next visit. (Another opportunity to get them to re book):)

hth

We offer facials, makeup, tinting, perming, semi permanent lashes, spray tanning, manicure, pedicure, waxing and massage if they are having a non alcoholic night!

I will have to take a trip to the wholesalers and find something that can't be bought on the highstreet. I was just wondering if any other mobile therapists did this and how effective it was selling retail products as well as their own services.

xx

how do you go about doing your tints then ? do you patch test the gests a couple of days before the party ??
the only reason i am asking is i have heard of these types of parties but they never do a patch test !!
i dont do em , so am curious , cheers :green:

Yes, I ALWAYS do a patch test. It really gets my back up sometimes when I hear about salons and other therapists not doing a test - what would they do if somebody had a bad reaction? If a client is insistent on not having a patch test because "oh, it'll be alright" or "I've had it done loads of times before" I have them sign a disclaimer stating that they refused to have the test done. Obviously, I always tell them the reasons for having one in the first place.

I usually go round to the client's house the day or so beforehand, fill out the record card and do the patch test - that way, the next day, I'm saving time by not having to fill in details etc and it can be done straight away.

The last party I did, a lady turned up and hadn't had a test but saw another lady having the treatment done. She was really keen but I explained she would have to have a test which also gave her incentive to book a party so she could have it done!!

x

Yes, I ALWAYS do a patch test. It really gets my back up sometimes when I hear about salons and other therapists not doing a test - what would they do if somebody had a bad reaction? If a client is insistent on not having a patch test because "oh, it'll be alright" or "I've had it done loads of times before" I have them sign a disclaimer stating that they refused to have the test done. Obviously, I always tell them the reasons for having one in the first place.

I usually go round to the client's house the day or so beforehand, fill out the record card and do the patch test - that way, the next day, I'm saving time by not having to fill in details etc and it can be done straight away.

The last party I did, a lady turned up and hadn't had a test but saw another lady having the treatment done. She was really keen but I explained she would have to have a test which also gave her incentive to book a party so she could have it done!!

x

Do a search on here about disclaimers.This was discussed not so long ago and the conclusion was that from an insurance point of you they have no legal value.

well it is good that you can make it work for you , i might start doing these myself :green:,

Latest posts

Back