Retail products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hey all can I ask what everyone's thoughts behind their stocked ranges are?

We currently stock Revlon unique one (not the greatest seller, but I like the product)

and morrocan oil (best seller but sometimes out of people's price range )

Ive looked into British hair (It's quite cheap) ....I like the idea of having different price ranges in the salon for pro products.

What are your thoughts on this ....I've always been really pants at selling products as I don't really use much styling (my personal thought is a great shampoo, conditioner & treatment is all you need)
......however some styles where we will recommend salt spray/wax.

Are products really imperative to a salons success ?

I dont want to be like another salon in the area for pushing unneeded products onto clients but I really do recommend shampoo, conditioner & a treatment to all clients we have in.

What are your best sellers?
What brands work well together and are consistent ? (I sometimes like one item and not others ...too greasy ect)

Any advice going forward please feel free to speak up [emoji293]

Thankyou all x

As long as you love the product, that's all that matters. Also if clients want to get any shape in their hair that isn't the natural way their hair falls then they will need a styling product. Unless they want it to flop in 10 minutes.

There's a big difference between recommending and pushing. I was looking at British hair aswell, I like the fact it's British and simple because all the products are the same price, however, I don't know if the lower price reflects quality? Or what will our customers think?

If they've liked how their hair feels and it's better value they will take it. However it means you have to sell 3 products to get the value of 2 of your Revlon products x

As long as you love the product, that's all that matters. Also if clients want to get any shape in their hair that isn't the natural way their hair falls then they will need a styling product. Unless they want it to flop in 10 minutes.

There's a big difference between recommending and pushing. I was looking at British hair aswell, I like the fact it's British and simple because all the products are the same price, however, I don't know if the lower price reflects quality? Or what will our customers think?

If they've liked how their hair feels and it's better value they will take it. However it means you have to sell 3 products to get the value of 2 of your Revlon products x
Good points!

I think I may leave it for now as I've invested in beauty quite heavily this month and I'm a broke ass mofo!

I struggle when the reps come in ..... "Ahhhh you need this! " It's amazing blah blah blah

I think the British hair range is cheap to take on the whole range though.

What beauty products do you use?

selling products is not the be all and end all of priorities in a salon. The majority of sales should be from your service sales, after all it is the main part of your business.

I'm a product lover and always use them on everyone. like you I believe the prep is extremely important when it comes to the cleansing routine.

my main range I stock is Davines, i use this at the backwash and use the products in salon when styling. shampoo retails at £15.45 fpr 250ml and conditioner is £17.20 fpr 250ml and the styling products start at £15.30 an go up and over £30.

the other range we stock is Insight which for the shampoo it retails at £10.50 for 500ml and conditioner £11.50 for 500ml and styling products are from £9 to £15.30.

we aren't a pushy salon when it comes to retail but we sell alot of it. we use the simple method of what why how.

what we are using, why we are using it and how we use it. This also is the case for the shampooing too.

we have 2 different price points so the client can make the choice of which price point they want to choose.

Even though we have a higher and lower range the most purchases come from Davines which is the more expensive one and this is because we use it and let the clients know why.

our retail area is very simple in its set up and completely transparent with the prices so people don't feel embarrassed asking the cost. Any product we use has a has a discreet price sticker on it over the barcode so if they pick it up they can also budget whilst their hair is being styled.

but because we believe in the products and love 5o use them then the clients will have confidence in buying them from use too.

selling products is not the be all and end all of priorities in a salon. The majority of sales should be from your service sales, after all it is the main part of your business.

I'm a product lover and always use them on everyone. like you I believe the prep is extremely important when it comes to the cleansing routine.

my main range I stock is Davines, i use this at the backwash and use the products in salon when styling. shampoo retails at £15.45 fpr 250ml and conditioner is £17.20 fpr 250ml and the styling products start at £15.30 an go up and over £30.

the other range we stock is Insight which for the shampoo it retails at £10.50 for 500ml and conditioner £11.50 for 500ml and styling products are from £9 to £15.30.

we aren't a pushy salon when it comes to retail but we sell alot of it. we use the simple method of what why how.

what we are using, why we are using it and how we use it. This also is the case for the shampooing too.

we have 2 different price points so the client can make the choice of which price point they want to choose.

Even though we have a higher and lower range the most purchases come from Davines which is the more expensive one and this is because we use it and let the clients know why.

our retail area is very simple in its set up and completely transparent with the prices so people don't feel embarrassed asking the cost. Any product we use has a has a discreet price sticker on it over the barcode so if they pick it up they can also budget whilst their hair is being styled.

but because we believe in the products and love 5o use them then the clients will have confidence in buying them from use too.
Thankyou I'll look into these. I do love Moroccan oil but people seem put off by the price which is crazy when they don't mind spending 130 on colour!

Thankyou I'll look into these. I do love Moroccan oil but people seem put off by the price which is crazy when they don't mind spending 130 on colour!

I know what you mean i always say it's like buying a Porsche and using asda smart price car shampoo on it...

You don't buy your colour form the supermarket so your products shouldn't come from there either. Maybe get the small 50ml bottles in they always flew off the shelves in the last company I worked for.

Ahhh ok sounds great I'll look into those too....
I really love the concept of Evo have you used these?

I don't know what the price is though x

Latest posts

Back