Retail Shiny Top Coat???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a couple of clients who IMO need to have L&P coz they are harsh users with their hands and this system wears better on them i.e less breakages - but they say they are not as glossy as the gel. I do bust my arm buffing so ??? :( thought a coat of Super shiny or Airsheild would solve this problem for them. Do any of you retail any of these and which ones, who supplies and what do you charge? Sorry for all the questions but who better to ask than you all...............

I'd say your best bet would be just to put a topcoat of finishing gel on in the salon and that should keep them shiny until their next appointment.
Or did you want something specifically for them to use at home?

I must admit I prefer the shine you get with buffing with a girlfriend buffer, and if your client uses her solar oil daily the shine should last until her rebalance. Some clients would still insist on a topcoat and I always used supershiney........but it always looks better when you have buffed the nail to the best shine beforehand, so it doesnt save on your buffing efforts!
The new products in the creative 411 look ideal for this..the u.v. dry topcoat especially. I cant wait for it to arrive..............

I have tried a coat of finishing gel and that kept her happy for a while. Basically she 'wants' GEL. I'm refussing to do it for her because she was constently in my face with breakages previously. Waste of time for me & her. I always buff regardless but thought if I retail something to assist the odd 1-2 clients might feel happier about L&P. Hearing alot about this new CND polish. Can I buy it even though i'm not trained with their products?? Thought about their super shiney. People are so hard to please..... they come to us coz their nails are mank, we make them look 1000's times better and they'll still find something to pick on. Who said women are fussy........... LOL

Nat Tov said:
Hi everyone. I have a couple of clients who IMO need to have L&P coz they are harsh users with their hands and this system wears better on them i.e less breakages - but they say they are not as glossy as the gel. I do bust my arm buffing so ??? :( thought a coat of Super shiny or Airsheild would solve this problem for them. Do any of you retail any of these and which ones, who supplies and what do you charge? Sorry for all the questions but who better to ask than you all...............

i had a client in yesterday who has l&p and she loves finish it uv gel over the top of them to make em super shiney
....so theres me buffing away at them (thinking ooo this gels nt that dusty iykwim) and then i remembered what i thought was gel was high buffed nails that id dont on her last visit.... oops im sooo blonde but it proved that really high buffed nails can look super shiney too......lol

failing the high buffing with miracle shine and snow monkey combo ( or pro shiner) i love ezflows never yellow sealer its a mega glossy topcoat which imo smells great too!!

Jess
xox

ps... i retail pro shiners and never yellow sealer

Nat Tov said:
I have tried a coat of finishing gel and that kept her happy for a while. Basically she 'wants' GEL. I'm refussing to do it for her because she was constently in my face with breakages previously. Waste of time for me & her. I always buff regardless but thought if I retail something to assist the odd 1-2 clients might feel happier about L&P. Hearing alot about this new CND polish. Can I buy it even though i'm not trained with their products?? Thought about their super shiney. People are so hard to please..... they come to us coz their nails are mank, we make them look 1000's times better and they'll still find something to pick on. Who said women are fussy........... LOL

sorry i took ages to post the last post
why nt overlay your l&p with some gel ?.... if she really wants gel
i have a client who loves the colour of blush it on her nails but gel wasnt rite for her so now we overlay her l&p with blush it and she love it

hth

Jess
xox

Sparklepink said:
i had a client in yesterday who has l&p and she loves finish it uv gel over the top of them to make em super shiney
....so theres me buffing away at them (thinking ooo this gels nt that dusty iykwim) and then i remembered what i thought was gel was high buffed nails that id dont on her last visit.... oops im sooo blonde but it proved that really high buffed nails can look super shiney too......lol

failing the high buffing with miracle shine and snow monkey combo ( or pro shiner) i love ezflows never yellow sealer its a mega glossy topcoat which imo smells great too!!

Jess
xox

ps... i retail pro shiners and never yellow sealer

do you have to have a UV lamp to use the gel over the l&p

clairelee69 said:
do you have to have a UV lamp to use the gel over the l&p
If you are using a UV cured gel top coat then yes.......

EzFlow's UV30 doesnt require a lamp and its really really shiney, also the snow monkey and miracle shine are great for buffing nails to a high shine with minimum effort.........

I retail these too

Amanda

Latest posts

Back