Retailing make up...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjade

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted your opinions on make up brands. Now before you all tell me, I've done a search but haven't found an answer.

My problem is this: My make up kit is MAC, but they won't let me retail and neither will any of the big brands. I sell Lily-Lola but I hate it! It looks so cheap and tacky but has a wide range of bright colours which a lot of other bands I've at have.

So do you know what brands are good quality, have a lot of choices colour wise, are well known and will let me retail?

I use Artdeco and you can also get the retail products for your clients to buy, the products are very good quality & the packaging looks great! I'm surprised you couldnt find anything on the search though, there has been a lot of threads on make-up? 😊

Thank you, I'll look into them. All the search results were about pro kits and none about retailing. Haha believe me I went through a lot of threads so I was just as surprised!

Why don't you try sleek? Absolutely fab make up and pigmentation. I have mac in my kit but also carry some sleek palettes as some of the eye shadows are more pigmented than mac ones i.e mac carbon is no way near as pigmented as the sleek black eye shadow found in the palettes.

Good luck. :)

I've used sleek before but I didn't know you could retail them? I'll call them up tomorrow and have a chat...

If you search for cosmetic wholesalers on google you will come across some. They wont always be top of the range brands but you can achieve a good mark up. You could maybe attract young people who want 'cheaper' make up but dont actually want a service. So you could have people coming in just to buy make up.

This is probably not what you are looking for but thought I would add it incase.....

xx

I've seen a sleek stand in a local salon, so i'm sure you can retail it. You'll love it! :)

Latest posts

Back