Retention+ vs. Radical

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrissyB

Reaction score
I've done a search on this, but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

I've been using Creative Radical liquid for a while now and am not having any problems with it, but I've heard that Retention+ is better. I was reading around about monomers and I saw that Radical is better for people who are heavy handed and Retention+ is better for people that are prone to lifting. I can't exactly afford to buy both liquids and use them depending on the client, so which would be the better option to buy?

A lot of people in my area are very picky when it comes to lifting, as they should be, but they also don't understand that they need to be gentle with the enhancements when it comes to other things. No matter how much I try to explain it to them.

Another question - even though the Radical is said to be better strength-wise, is the difference in strength between the Radical and Retention+ that noticeable, or is it more of a “they’re pretty much the same, but the Radical could be a better option” sort of thing?

I hope that my rambling makes some sort of sense. I was in a bit of a rush today when I bought the monomer so I wasn’t able to really talk to anybody at the suppliers, or really have a good think about it; and now I’m really stressing that I’ve made a wrong decision and my clients will notice and start to complain, and in the end it would have been better to stick with the Radical. :cry:

Hi there

IMO introduce a new product gradually.Trial it first on yourself - Purchase a small amount to try on your loyal & faithful clients that will bear with you as you gain more understanding & comfort working with it.
I work with the 3 diff CND monomers- Radical still my fav, Prep with scrubfresh really well, as Retention + is a primeless liquid[optional] & keep a consistent mix ratio.

HtH
XX J XX

I think it depends hun, are your clients more prone to lifting or breakage? If you've been using Radical up to now and having great results, why change?

If you now have both monomers maybe you can continue using Radical on your usual clients and then when you see someone with lifting try the Retention and see if there's improvement.

I use Retention and love the results, but I don't think I've answered your question !! Somebody will be along shortly who can, I'm sure :)

Laura

Retention+ is specially designed for lift prone clients and if they still get some lifting using it then you can use a primer and also nailfresh too. Radical is more flexible so better for people who are heavy handed. Retention+ is the more popular of the 2.:)

If you are using Radical Liquid Monomer well and with no problems, then I do not think your clients will notice the difference.

I never used primer with Radical and I do not use it with Retention+ either. I find Radical tougher! but I do not think clients will appreciate the subtleties between the two liquids. My first love has always been Radical for beauty and strength but I pretty much use Retention+ all the time just out of habit now. Maybe I'll have a go with Radical again just to remind myself how great a product it is.

So basically it's whatever you and your clients feel comfortable with? LOL! :) Good deal.

But what if, for example, I have one client who always get lifting - even if prep and app. is perfect - and it's mainly because she's heavy handed (she also has very very long nails, but refuses to cut them to a 'correct' length and I know even though she's rough with them, she does look after them, but they continue to lift.)? Retention or Radical?

either, you've pinpointed the problem...until she makes them shorter the lifting will remain. It's like a BIG kid playing on a teeter totter with a little kid, no matter how hard the little one tries he's stuck up in the air until the big kid scoots closer to the middle or helps him out by giving a good push. Make your apex longer so that zone 2 is longer and a little thicker, make sure you still have proper balance, and she may have to commit to more maintenence, but until she shortens them it won't really matter which you use. (personally I'm a Retention+ kind of girl, but I like Radical for it's brightness and I'm more consistant with my color when using it.)

hi..i use retention and an old fasioned acid primer for gals with lifting..i also use scrub fresh and really 'scrub' first with a lint free pad...then prime all 10 then fill...lotta luck gal pals!! TT

Latest posts

Back