Returning to Nails - Please Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope you are well, I'm hoping you might be able to offer a bit of advice!!! Sorry its a long 'un! Here goes:

I stopped doing nails and beauty during the summer, I was working at a friends salon doing well, found out I was pregnant there were loads of complications with the pregnancy and it all ended in tears.

I lost all my confidence and was really down, and my parents advised me to have a change of career. I'm now in college studying art, and want to go to uni. But I really miss nails!

My friend is setting up in a really busy hair salon that have recently expanded, and asked if I wanted to rent a desk/space a couple of days a wk. She's paying them 30% of her takings for 3 rooms, till shes up and running, but I will have to pay £25 a day just for a desk. How can I make sure I get clients as I cant afford to pay out to just sit and twiddle my thumbs!!!

I am still nervous, dont want my old clients to think I'm just going to disappear again, but don't want to explain the gory details of why I left in the summer.:rolleyes:

if you dont have to sign up for a contract then go for it, if it doesnt work it doesnt!

if it is a busy hair salon you already have a great client base, i have two rooms and pay more than 25 pounds a day so its quite good really, even if you have to provide your own products.

it'll get your confidence up again, and having your friend there who knows your situation is great.

hth becki xxx

if you dont have to sign up for a contract then go for it, if it doesnt work it doesnt!

if it is a busy hair salon you already have a great client base, i have two rooms and pay more than 25 pounds a day so its quite good really, even if you have to provide your own products.

it'll get your confidence up again, and having your friend there who knows your situation is great.

i'm sure your clients will understand why you stopped last time.

hth becki xxx

Thanx hun, yeah my friend is ace she sings my praises and passes clients my way where she can.

My main concern is how to encourage clients to come to me when I'm only available 1-3days a wk, 1 to begin with to build up? Or three to begin with then try and book them on 1day to save on outgoings!!

So confusing!!

:hug:You need some TLC and then go and get out there and do it. You could give a bit of a pre-return offer to some old clients, half pice nails in their homes to build up your speed again and regain your confidence and sparkle. You know you're good, go get it girl?:) £25 is a good price compared to some.

Maggie

Hi everyone hope you are well, I'm hoping you might be able to offer a bit of advice!!! Sorry its a long 'un! Here goes:

I stopped doing nails and beauty during the summer, I was working at a friends salon doing well, found out I was pregnant there were loads of complications with the pregnancy and it all ended in tears.

I lost all my confidence and was really down, and my parents advised me to have a change of career. I'm now in college studying art, and want to go to uni. But I really miss nails!

My friend is setting up in a really busy hair salon that have recently expanded, and asked if I wanted to rent a desk/space a couple of days a wk. She's paying them 30% of her takings for 3 rooms, till shes up and running, but I will have to pay £25 a day just for a desk. How can I make sure I get clients as I cant afford to pay out to just sit and twiddle my thumbs!!!

I am still nervous, dont want my old clients to think I'm just going to disappear again, but don't want to explain the gory details of why I left in the summer.:rolleyes:

I agree with everyone else go for it !. It's so hard to get up and going when your confidence is low but you'll be a new woman in no time.
25 is a great price and you will get clients. Just keep talking to everyone and sell yourself cause you know you are a great Tech. As for telling people the reasons for your break you don't have to just simply say it was for personal reasons but your back now and rearing to go then change the subject.
Best of luck XX
:hug:

i think you should go for it, the passion for it is still there so thats the main thing, if people ask just say you had some family matters to attend to and now you're back, a launch week would be good get some offers going. If you can do the other staff members nails it will boost your confidence with a little less pressure and you will have walking adverts for your work, good luck xxx

Thanks everyone!!!

Been a busy bee today, wallpapering and painting ready to start next week!!

Just being in the salon gives you a boost in confidence, the girls were dancing around to power ballads after all the clients had gone!!

Thanks again and I will let you know how it all goes!!

xx

Latest posts

Back