Reverse balayage/ombre?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuwaah

Reaction score
I've got a client that usually has a full head of highlights, but she is now wanting to be balayage/ombre'd. just wondering if anyone had any tips for me? I'm thinking regrowth tint with demi combed through to blend and then take balayage sections but rather than paint the outside of the hair paint the inside with demi?

probably going to use a 6/71 on roots and 8/71 on mids, wash off and then tone everything with a 10/69?

thoughts please!

If someone is blonde wanting a reverse balayage, wouldn't you need to pre pig the hair first?

If someone is blonde wanting a reverse balayage, wouldn't you need to pre pig the hair first?
shes not platinum, more of a golden 9.5, shes naturally a warm 5 and in my experience a /71 on blonde comes up nice and chestnutty

also i kind of want it to fade out subtly too, hence the c/t

But what if someone is a platinum blonde and they want a reverse balayage? Do you pre pig then?
I seriously need to get on a few colour courses.

Look up Candy Shaw and FreeSalonEducation, they've both got good videos on reverse balayage.

I don't really follow what she is doing? Regrowth tint, wash and dry and then balayage with tint and lightener?

Apply regrowth.

Start in nape and take 'negative space' of your balayage and apply the same colour as the root to that negative space about half way down and make sure its saturated.

Pick up the rest of the section and apply balayage in a crochet pattern.

Of course you can do more negative space less light pieces if you want a more high contrast ombre.

But what if someone is a platinum blonde and they want a reverse balayage? Do you pre pig then?
I seriously need to get on a few colour courses.

Look up Candy Shaw and FreeSalonEducation, they've both got good videos on reverse balayage.

You could pre pig but it'd be a bit difficult, i really like the colour touch filling for that.

You could pre pig but it'd be a bit difficult, i really like the colour touch filling for that.

It would be difficult, but isn't it necessary? If someone who is a Level 10 wants to have a reverse balayage using a level 5 as the base, how would you go about that? Sorry to hijack your thread, Josh. I'm just dead curious.

It would be difficult, but isn't it necessary? If someone who is a Level 10 wants to have a reverse balayage using a level 5 as the base, how would you go about that? Sorry to hijack your thread, Josh. I'm just dead curious.

Its not always necessary. It may be a case of building it up over a few applications!

You could prepig the roots with perfecton and a sponge and any parts that you wanted to keep blonde the perfecton would wash wash off.

Or apply a root stretch with special mix in ct then go straight over it with desired shade.

Latest posts

Back