Richesse - opinions on depth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I love richesse for the conditioning and shine enhancing benefits - but I'm finding it a bit wishy washy and light over natural hair - does anyone else find they're having to use a shade darker than target shade? I generally use the 9 vol developer, and I always measure accurately.

Hi guys, I love richesse for the conditioning and shine enhancing benefits - but I'm finding it a bit wishy washy and light over natural hair - does anyone else find they're having to use a shade darker than target shade? I generally use the 9 vol developer, and I always measure accurately.

Nope. Never. If anything I go a shade lighter especially when using ash.
Are you following these rules?
6vol for darkening or sensitive hair and toning
9vol up to 30% grey blending on virgin hair
15vol intensity tone (ie reds), breaking base (up to 1 shade lift) and blending of 70% grey.
Note blending grey and not covering.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep following those rules! :) I expect the result I'm describing is probably due to the softer and less solid colour result of a quasi compared with the solid and heavy coverage of a permanent, but always interesting to hear others opinions too :)

If the hair texture is coarse I find the results slightly softer, if it it is finer then I find the colour looks slightly deeper.

If you are darkening a lighter base I find the result will be more "tone on tone", so I sometimes make the colour slightly deeper so the tone doesn't look washed out, in the same way that you would add depth when colouring white hair-

If I want a deeper, more opaque shade I add about 25% base.

Last edited:
Fab advice! The colour I recently did that I found looked quite translucent and wishy washy was on fine, virgin hair that was a very golden level 8 - I used flat 6 in richesse with 9 vol and I just found it didn't look as deep as a true 6 - I should probably have added some 5 into the mixture to add more depth x

Latest posts

Back