RIP Colourgirly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad and happens far too often. Geeks like colour girly who have so much knowledge and experience get grief for giving advice because someone takes it the wrong way or just don't have a clue.
There used to be some great geeks on here but most have either been booted off or just don't bother because it's the same old basic lazy questions

Good morning all.

Well i am not suprised at her getting a ban at all, She may be a talented girl with some knowledge but she also came across as a very rude girl, with very little manners.

I had a lot of messages from other SG users who felt very intimidated by her, i also had my run in's with her too, but i don't bitch.

All i can say is i think there is more to this than what we know.

Sometimes she was blunt, straight to the point, as we all have been, I didn't see how the thread escalated, was out for the night, but some people need to grow a thicker skin and reading far to much into replies. (no one inperticicular, just generalising on a whole)

She did have a wealth of knowledge and more than willing to help people who help themselves. We have rules on here AND a search function and too often neither get used due to laziness!

Mr Geek didn't set and write rules or build a search feature because it looked pretty! It's there to read and used. Yes it does get tedious reading the same questions over and over or seeing silly questions.

I've never had any issues with her, just found her very knowledgeable and gave amusement with her dry sense of humour. Ok, not everyone's cuppa tea, but we're not robots, we're all different.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good morning all.

Well i am not suprised at her getting a ban at all, She may be a talented girl with some knowledge but she also came across as a very rude girl, with very little manners.

I had a lot of messages from other SG users who felt very intimidated by her, i also had my run in's with her too, but i don't bitch.

I can understand when she wanted people to follow the rules and so got annoyed.... but yes sometimes the things she said were uncalled for. Once said something mean to me and i wasnt impressed. I try not to ask to much know incase i get bashed for my "lack of knowledge " 🙈

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think this is a bad thing at all, yes she may have been knowledgeable but came across very rude, sarcastic and condescending.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I can understand when she wanted people to follow the rules and so got annoyed.... but yes sometimes the things she said were uncalled for. Once said something mean to me and i wasnt impressed. I try not to ask to much know incase i get bashed for my "lack of knowledge " 🙈

Now sorry not know

Theres being blunt and straight to the point and theres being rude and totally unhelpful. I think all the people that get banned on here from what ive seen in the 4 or so years ive been on this forum, are the ones who have massive egos and that completely comes across. If you are experienced in your trade and know what youre talking about, thats great and everyone appreciates it, but this place is a lifeline for the many mobile and self employed stylists who otherwise wouldnt have any support at all. There are plenty of people here who are knowledgeable and helpful without the attitude.
I mean really guys, if you take this forum so seriously you feel the need to instigate bitching and bullying, taking the p*** out of people for their lack of colour knowledge, you really need to get a life? There are ways of explaining to newbs that the information isnt appropriate to be given to them without making people feel bad for asking a question, either that or if it annoys you that much just dont reply. Stop being so elitist, youre all really lucky to have gotten great training and employment, so why dont you start appreciating that instead of s******* all over people who arent as fortunate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres being blunt and straight to the point and theres being rude and totally unhelpful. I think all the people that get banned on here from what ive seen in the 4 or so years ive been on this forum, are the ones who have massive egos and that completely comes across. If you are experienced in your trade and know what youre talking about, thats great and everyone appreciates it, but this place is a lifeline for the many mobile and self employed stylists who otherwise wouldnt have any support at all. There are plenty of people here who are knowledgeable and helpful without the attitude.
I mean really guys, if you take this forum so seriously you feel the need to instigate bitching and bullying, taking the p*** out of people for their lack of colour knowledge, you really need to get a life? There are ways of explaining to newbs that the information isnt appropriate to be given to them without making people feel bad for asking a question, either that or if it annoys you that much just dont reply. Stop being so elitist, youre all really lucky to have gotten great training and employment, so why dont you start appreciating that instead of s******* all over people who arent as fortunate.

Couldn't agree more.

Isn't it a sad fact that all who are saying how blunt, rude and nasty she is are the ones doing exactly the same now. Whatever happened to the If you cant say anything nice don't say anything attitude I've seen some say in the past.

More to the point, those who have clearly posted a dislike to her on an open forum, how many actually took up the salon rules to taking issues to Pm and discussing your concerns like adults rather than start a witch hunt when she's not here to defend herself.

Some of you on this thread are doing exactly what you say Colourgirly did. Which in my eyes is no better than the things you're ranting about.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dobt think anyone is being nasty now i think theyre just being truthful. Like i said I understand when she got annoyed for lack of information etc etc. But somethings were uncalled for. Other than that she could be helpful and knew alot about the business. I never had a personal problem with her myself just a few geeks on here need to realise that not everyone has been as fortunate as some of you on here

I think this is the exact situation that the mods were trying to avoid with her removal. She was a very polarizing figure...she'll always have her supporters and detractors.

Her supporters on this thread in particular seem quick to deflect the fact that she could be completely rude, disrespectful, snarky and mean. The fact of the matter is that she was all of those things, and before anybody takes issue with this being posted in an open forum, I did take issue with her and she responded with a fair PM. But nobody (bar apparently a few who spend every hour on this app) has the time to get involved with her every clash on here (and there were alot!).

I'm also not denying she also had positive points, I had asked for some guidance on here a few months back and having provided all the information required, she was more than happy to help, and did so greatly.

I've only been on this forum for a year or so, but there seems to be a sweeping 'playground culture' that wasn't here before. Even when CG was out of line, there's a couple of members who seemed to take her posts as code to start a gang attack, or hijack a thread and turn it into a frankly embarrassing little 'inside chat'. It's quite sad that as professional adults using a professional forum that threads so often descend into such pettiness.

Regardless of her good/bad points (and she definitely had both), she's gone. Squabbling over the hows and whys seems rather fruitless dosen't it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im not very experienced i do colouring but had abit of a disaster (as everyone does when they are not so experienced as others) after my first and last ever post on here as i was in a caffufful amd was asking for help i wasnt too sure what information to post and it esculated so quickly so i wrote another thread and she blatently just said go and do a course then come back.. i felt so gutted the way she spoke to me and was asking for help. I then went to a fellow hairdresser and explained abit better and she was very helpfull and i didnt degrade me at all

Why is this thread still open?

Good morning all.

Agreed!!!!!!!

Was about time...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion yes, but it's how that opinion is expressed which is important.

FWIW, bannings are thankfully a rare occurrence, but ones which are not taken lightly or without good reason.

In an effort to move forward though, this thread will now indeed be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back