Ripped nail on weak nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyChips

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1483990256.480576.jpg

Hello, a new client just message me with a photo of her torn fingernail.
we originally were going to be putting CND shellac on But she just asked if I could put a tip on to cover that up and use Brisa Gel instead.
I actually don't know what the best route of plan is so I would love some input she recently had acrylics torn off her nails using an old tip from an NSS and her nails are now week and damaged so I was going to originally put shellac on but I would love some advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally wouldn't apply anything on it.
I'd advise her to keep it covered until it starts to heal.

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing just wanted to confirm

The risk of infection is very high as it's an open wound let alone any product touching that it would sting and hurt like crazy.. and could cause permanent damage. Defo avoid unfortunately. If she understands she would take on the advice if not she would go back to the NSS salons and they would wack it all back on

I agree with you CocoAllure. I knew that it wasn't going to be a wise choice as per infection possibilities I just wanted to confirm for the peace of mind. Yes she just left a NSS salon and her nails are extremely weak and Bendy now and she's 45 and said her nails have never been this damage before so I'm wondering what the best route to help her. I was going to perform a shellac manicure on all of her fingers except the injured and try and push on some solar oil

I'm just afraid the products not going to last as long because of how soft and Bendy her nails are. PS I love that I can hop on here to this community and immediately get support this is amazing especially considering I'm from Canada on the vast majority of the group is from the UK

You could recommend a few weeks of treatment except the sore finger Rescuerxx or Ibx and see how she gets on for the time being and then shellac her using duraforce

I would think that ibx on her 9 nails with rxx on all of them for a few weeks would set her on the right path. I have thin weak nails that are heathy and find Nailtiques a really good paint on product. It takes a few weeks for results too. I bought mine from nailpolishcanada.com.

I was thinking IBX & duraforce.

You can apply IBX repair twice on really damaged nails. Then strengthener on top as usual.

Latest posts

Back