Rockstar nails- training or just practice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert666

Reaction score
Morning Geeks!

I am absolutely loving the pictures of Rockstar nails that everyone posts on here but (and I apologise if I'm being thick!) is 'rockstar' an actual technique with special products or is it just a style using glitter??! Does that make sense?!

I use Gellux products so if it is a 'style' rather than a product, can someone give me any hints or tips on how to do it please?

(I had the red sparkly Gellux on over Christmas and it was absolutely gorgeous but I don't want to be limited to just the colours that Gellux offer if I don't have to!)

Morning Geeks!

I am absolutely loving the pictures of Rockstar nails that everyone posts on here but (and I apologise if I'm being thick!) is 'rockstar' an actual technique with special products or is it just a style using glitter??! Does that make sense?!

I use Gellux products so if it is a 'style' rather than a product, can someone give me any hints or tips on how to do it please?

(I had the red sparkly Gellux on over Christmas and it was absolutely gorgeous but I don't want to be limited to just the colours that Gellux offer if I don't have to!)
Rockstar is both a style and a technique and can be done with any system, but does work best with products made for the job. Extra fine glitters. I get mine. From Sweet Squared both CND and Irresistible glitters. 08452106060. People get glitter all over the place but I prefer to do my ordering through one main supplier.

There is a variety of ways/techniques to make Rockstar nails.. Try YouTube and search, 'fingernsilfixer rockstar'

You can do rockstar easily with gellux.

Prep nail
Use your base of choice (easy off or normal)
Colour or colours (ombré s look fab under glitter) I if doing one colour match the colour to the gel. Cure each layer
Brush or pat glitter on to sticky layer, use a baby toothbrush or another brush to gently rub/brush excess glitter of, the more you brush the smoother the glitter will go, making a different look, if doing different colur glitter add in stripes, or patches etc before brushing.
Then final topcoat, if wanting smoother do 2 topcoats cure between
Then wipe sticky.

It will take longer to remove than normal on gellux so add 5 mins to soak of time approx.

Hope that helps :)

You can get glitter everywhere but on ebay/amazon there are some fab ones by this company get the fine/008 grade ebay name is eBay My World - goldleafcraftsupplies

Thanks so much lovely ladies! I will most definitely be 'you tubing' and practising these ready for having some funky nails soon!! :wink2:

When i do my rockstars it is more or less the same technique as Maz101, but i have a separate bottle of topcoat for doing my rockstars in case any glitter transfers on to my other gel colours when i am doing them x

Latest posts

Back