Rockstar nails with polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
Hi
I know how to do rockstar nails with gelish and have searches you tube for videos of doing them with polish but haven't had much luck. Any tips?

I did some last week and it was really hard to know when the polish was at the right stage to use the glitter. Had to repeat the glitter stages with clear varnish several times to get the desired effect as the glitter tended to sink into the polish at times.
Thanks

Saw a video on you tube today it was irresistable glitter one of glitter on Vinylux x

Thanks but vinylux dries really quickly so rockstar nails work well with it, normal polish like opi/seche vite isn't as fast drying so was struggling....

I did mine just took them off and they were almost a month. I just applied base coat and then a thick top coat and sprinkled the glitter over the nails and pressed in and then top coated with 2 more coats. It has to be an ultra fine glitter mine lasted almost a month and the glitter I got at Michaels lasted on my daughter peeled off in one sheet within a week. My other daughters toes are 2 weeks old and one of her toes peeled off. The glitter I used on mine was from Ten, hth's.

Got an old clear polish, a bit of foil (one of my remover wraps) and some glitter. Mixed a little bit of glitter and clear polish on the foil and painted on my toes :) or you could do the colour coats you wanted and just dip the fingers into the glitter (not sure about toes lol). I just fancied a little bit of glitter on my toes 3 weeks ago when the sun came out and there still perfect x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374964531.943605.jpg

I've done a Vinylux rockstar pedicure twice on myself with no problems. I do two coats of polish, add the glitter immediately after the second coat, one nail at a time. Once I'm done that foot, I let it dry while I do the same to my other foot. After that I go back to my first one, lightly fan off the glitter with a fluffy art brush, then top coat twice.

wAx2bVf.jpg

Thanks, they look great x

Latest posts

Back