Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooo fab thanks very much!x

Sent from my X10i

Glad you asked Annie as I've been puzzled by rockstar didn't gave a clue what these were.can you do these with a normal polish?xx :)

5c28fef3-169d-2507.jpg

5c28fef3-16cf-7f01.jpg

First one is cherry popsicle and second watermint cant wait to try more need silver and gold martha stewart glitter can only find us sellers :(

I'm going to try and upload my piccy of my toes I did them a few days ago.

Also thank you so much for that link. I am going to order later off the computer.

Sorry the piccy is blurry iPhone cameras aren't great :(

SAM_1059.jpg

Last edited:
You use Shellac base coat (cure 10secs) and one coat of colour, add any colour glitter (cure 2 mins), add 2 coats of top coat to get a smooth finish, wipe off sticky layer....TA DAAAA Rockstar Nails, Sparkly and noticable. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi hope you can help

When you add the colour glitter, what do you apply it with, and obvisbly you then cure it, does curing it stop it moving it around on the nail?? also when you apply the 2 top coats doesnt the glitter get on to your topcoat brush

Sorry to sound stupid, i really want to do rockstar nails?

You use Shellac base coat (cure 10secs) and one coat of colour, add any colour glitter (cure 2 mins), add 2 coats of top coat to get a smooth finish, wipe off sticky layer....TA DAAAA Rockstar Nails, Sparkly and noticable. ;)

Hi hope you can help

When you add the colour glitter, what do you apply it with, and obvisbly you then cure it, does curing it stop it moving it around on the nail?? also when you apply the 2 top coats doesnt the glitter get on to your topcoat brush

Sorry to sound stupid, i really want to do rockstar nails?[/QUOTE]

You dont sound stupid at all, this is how you learn.

You can use the container its in and just tap gently to get it onto the nail, or you can scoop it out with a cuticle pusher and drop it on that way, just to evenly cover the surface then gently press down with finger or large brush to press into the shellac, curing helps it stay in place, if you take a new dry toothbrush and brush off excess when you have finished curing you will see that it has stuck down after that initial 2 min cure.

I would definately recommend buying a seperate bottle of top coat and keep this one only for Rockstar nails only. Mark it on the bottom so you know its for glitter only. :biggrin:

I love all the posts and think it's great to see the popularity of Glitter and Rockstar Toes blowing up. I saw last year a spike, but this summer has been 10 times. All the goodies are found by the one place that specializes in Rockstar and Glitter toes application. Long Lasting, No UV, Removes with acetone or finger nail polish remover and the there over 140 colors all made in USA. The quality of powder is so so important. Good luck and enjoy your fabulous glitter toes! :p

Attachments

• DIY Glitter Toes.jpg
    DIY Glitter Toes.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,520
Last edited by a moderator:
I love all the posts and think it's great to see the popularity of Glitter and Rockstar Toes blowing up. I saw last year a spike, but this summer has been 10 times. All the goodies are found by the one place that specializes in Rockstar and Glitter toes application. Long Lasting, No UV, Removes with acetone or finger nail polish remover and the there over 140 colors all made in USA. The quality of powder is so so important. http://Glitties.com Good luck and enjoy your fabulous glitter toes! :p

Loving the glitter's do you ship to the uk??
But will be sticking with my Professional Shellac:biggrin:

Does it matter where you get the glitter from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my glitters today and have just done my nails in turquoise, they look so gorgeous, wish I could post a pic but don't have a clue how! I am so impressed. I got the martha Stewart 24 pack. Found it here for bargain price Magazine Subscriptions & more | Search - Glitter | MyFavouriteMagazines
I would defiantly recommend these. Also make sure you use separate top coat. I must admit, I did get in a bit of a state - glitter everywhere! Even though I have cleared it all up, a bit worried it make creep into normal shellac, especially as my lamp had loads in too!

Can anyone tell me if the martha stewart 24 pack has silver and gold in it cant zoom in enough x

so does everyone do their rockstars using shellac now then?
i have shellac but i still offer rockstar toes and hollywood toes using buff off gel. should i start using shellac instead? whats the advantages and disadvantages?
do you offer both options?

think i need to catch up lol x

Attachments

• CIMG4408.jpg
    CIMG4408.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,883
  • CIMG4410.jpg
    CIMG4410.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,066
  • CIMG4432.jpg
    CIMG4432.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,375