Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My twinkle toes :) & nails

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339104641.641468.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339104641.641468.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 364
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339104670.510041.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339104670.510041.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 508
My first attempt at Rockstar on myself! I did the iridescent Martha Stewart Purple glitter over Bella's vampire, but although they are super sparkly and change colour with the light, I can't seem to get a good photo of them, any ideas how to capture the real colour?

Attachments

• Rockstar 2.jpg
    Rockstar 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 527
My first attempt at Rockstar on myself! I did the iridescent Martha Stewart Purple glitter over Bella's vampire, but although they are super sparkly and change colour with the light, I can't seem to get a good photo of them, any ideas how to capture the real colour?

That glitter is amazing! What pack of Martha Stewart glitters is it from?
I too find when taking pictures of RockStar nails they never look as good as they do in 'real'
I usually try flash on then flash off in different lights then see what's the best! Sorry not much help on that one :)

That glitter is amazing! What pack of Martha Stewart glitters is it from?
I too find when taking pictures of RockStar nails they never look as good as they do in 'real'
I usually try flash on then flash off in different lights then see what's the best! Sorry not much help on that one :)

It is from the 12 pack of Martha Stewart iridescent glitters and is called sugar plum. The Base colour was Bella's Vampire which might have been a bit too dark to show the glitter off to its best. Going to try a nude colour like Light Elegant or even Vegas nights underneath next time to see if that makes a difference. One tip my Gelish educator gave me was to use a sparkle colour like Vegas nights or Izzy Wizzy over the top of the glitter and then the top coat as if you don't have a separate top coat for doing rockstar this can stop the glitter getting into it. It also gives it a bit of extra bling! I put izzy Wizzy over this glitter and it really does make a difference:)

Forgot to say thanks for the tips JoJo about the flash will try that out today and see if I can get a better photo

Brill thanks hun I might have a look at those glitters, not got the iridescent ones! I just use Sheek white under all my RockStar or any nude colour, if you scrub or pat enough glitter in to get a good coverage you shouldn't need a base colour. That's just my opinion though ;-)

Brill thanks hun I might have a look at those glitters, not got the iridescent ones! I just use Sheek white under all my RockStar or any nude colour, if you scrub or pat enough glitter in to get a good coverage you shouldn't need a base colour. That's just my opinion though ;-)

That's a great tip, never thought about using Sheek white. I take it you only do one coat of the Sheek white? I was taught to cure the colour coat and then scrub the glitter into the tacky layer, but there seems to be a debate on whether to put the glitter onto an uncurred layer or cured one, which do you do?

Can I just ask what everyone means by 'scrubbing' the glitter in? :-/

Can I just ask what everyone means by 'scrubbing' the glitter in? :-/

[FONT=&quot]I may be wrong but I was taught to pick up the glitter with the brush( make the brush wet first by using structure gel or a bit of top coat to help the glitter stick to it). Then carefully work the glitter into the tacky layer in a gentle scrubbing motion and finally pat down any lose bits. This gives a more foiled appearance than just sprinkling the glitter onto the nail and then dabbing in.
Hope this makes sense:)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I may be wrong but I was taught to pick up the glitter with the brush( make the brush wet first by using structure gel or a bit of top coat to help the glitter stick to it). Then carefully work the glitter into the tacky layer in a gentle scrubbing motion and finally pat down any lose bits. This gives a more foiled appearance than just sprinkling the glitter onto the nail and then dabbing in.
Hope this makes sense:)[/FONT]

Thanks hun I'll try this, because I tried sprinkling and it looked patchy when I brushed the excess off :( (maybe I didn't do it properly)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340559375.586492.jpg where can I get glitter like these ? X

Pink glitter fade rockstars - I also did them on nails, waterfall rockstars :D
GetAttachment-4.aspx.jpeg

GetAttachment-5.aspx.jpeg

Irresistible Purple holographic over Gelish Vegas nights.
This is the first time I've used the Irresistible holographic glitters as I usually use Martha Stewart, but I am so in Love with them I'm not sure I will go back:D

Attachments

• Irresistible Purple Holographic Rockstar over Vegas nights base.jpg
    Irresistible Purple Holographic Rockstar over Vegas nights base.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,561
Hi, just wondering what is the best way to do the Rockstar nails?

Do you do it in this order?

Base coat, cure
Colour, cure
Glitter over the colour
Top coat, cure ?

Also is it best to put the glitter on with a brush or just tap it over the nails? I read somewhere that after the top coat has cured you should scrub over the nail to take off any loose glitter - but will this just not ruin the outcome? Sorry for so many questions.

I bought some silver glitter from capital the other day, its quite fine. I take it this will be ok or can anyone recommend the best one to use please. Thanks!

Here are some rockstar nails i have done, I used some really fine craft glitters from eBay and they work great but can look a bit like fairy dust everywhere I your not careful :) x

Attachments

• rockstar1.jpg
    rockstar1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 528
  • rockstar2.jpg
    rockstar2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 464
  • rockstar3.jpg
    rockstar3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
My hollywoods