Roller waxer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelous

Reaction score
You'll get mixed opinions and it's all down to personal preference. Personally, I wasn't a fan when I tried it. I prefer pot/spatula.

I'm mobile so I'm hoping it will make things easier

I'm mobile and love the roller waxer.

I'm finding it difficult with the tub of wax and being mobile. I'm hoping I love it too lol

I love them. Sooooooo much quicker than a spatula.

Love my roller! It took me a while to get the hang of mine (hive one) but it makes waxing large areas so quick and easy.

Great for large/long flat areas like backs and legs but hard work around boney areas or nooks and crannies.

As said great for legs and larger areas and mobile therapists. Like all techniques there are therapists that love their rollers and do a great job with them , but I have never got on with them!

I only wax men and I find that they drag as the hair tends to be longer and it's uncomfortable. I have experienced waxing myself with a roller and found it more uncomfortable. So for me it's pot and spatula ..

Jack

Thank you all for your replies. I've ordered one and looking forward to testing it out.

PhD wax is the way forward for me! It's similar to roller wax but you have different size heads on the wax. No product waste and massively hygienic!

I too wax male clients only, and did think about using roller wax for legs , but after having tried it myself, - went off the idea and stayed with pot & spat. I found, as Jack has said, that it drags and makes the process more uncomfortable than it needs to be,

But, what works for one, doesn't always work for all - so, best thing to do, is give it a whirl and see how you personally get on with it…you may love it :)

Thank you.
I don't wax men only woman. Haven't don't my training yet.
Do you think male waxing is worth doing?

I have established my business by just waxing men.
Male waxing for most is great business and male clients can be very reliable and loyal.

A lot of therapists start with just doing men's backs, chest, general body waxing etc and then go on to train in male intimate waxing treatments.

Thank you jack, I might look into training in make waxing.
The only thing is I'm mobile so not sure how comfortable I would be going to a house to wax a male. I know it shouldn't be any different than going to a females house to wax but somehow it is.
Hmmmm food for thought

I can understand that and as a mobile therapist you don't know what environment or situation you are going into and it's got to be something you feel comfortable with.

Maybe to start with you could only offer male waxing treatments to partners/ husbands or friends of female clients to get some experience of dealing with male clients and then see if it's something you feel comfortable with.

Good luck

Thanks Jack I like that idea

I use both rollers and pot. Rollers for eyebrows, upper lip and also when waxing my own legs. You have to have several roller cartridges on the go though, to ensure the wax in them is always hot enough. If you keep using just one, it isn't in the heater/holder long enough to warm up again, to have the wax flowing freely and not have it dragging on the skin/hair.
I then use the pot of lavender wax for everything else.
I don't do intimate waxing, but would have thought pot and spatula is best for that.

Latest posts

Back