Room I'm renting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Just wanted some advice and opinions on the room im renting.
It's one room off a corridoor and it's very small. It has no waiting area, just the room which im finding difficult. Im doing the treatments by appointment only for the reason that I have no waiting area if im busy with one client and another client comes in (just got visions of them knocking on the door when im doing a relaxing facial or a massage.
What can I do???? Also how much would you pay to rent such a room just so i've got an idea of what people think it's worth so i know im not getting ripped off

Hi Nix

Not really sure about this one tbh. I was offered a room within a hairdressers and she wanted £150 for the week or £30 per day. One room but if any clients were waiting, they could wait in the salon.

I haven't taken her up on it because I am only Part time atm and she is a bit flaky.

HTH's xx

Is there no main reception area in the building where your next client could wait?? Or are there others like you ie working alone in your building?

There is a hairdressers through the other side of the building but people tend not to think to wait in that area of the building as im the opposite side. This is why I do my treatments by appointment only so clients dont need to wait anywhere as the treatment is set up for them and they can just walk in and have their treatment done. This si the point im trying to make. Im really struggling with not having a waiting room as it's limiting what I can do business wise. How much would you pay someone just to have a room such as this?

could you make a waiting area, ie put a couple of chairs, a small table in the corridor. you could put a magazine rack on the wall opposite and a noticeboard with your special offers on.

I have this set up, I have 2 directors chairs directly outside my room.

Good thinking Hippy Chick! I'll do that x

Latest posts

Back