Root stretch ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m doing a root application and just looking for technique ideas. I’m a bit old school when it comes to these sort of things as I feel colouring has changed so much in the past 10 years so any help would be awesome. I’m working on a base 7 prelightened ends, 10 on ends very thick wavy hair. I’m thinking she wants the roots slightly darker almost ashy but blended slightly. She has 50% grey. I’m gonna go in with illumina 6/19 and 7/31 my problem is what technique and developer to use?? I don’t want a demarcation line. Help guys. x

Can you clarify if you’re colouring the mids/ends too?
Have you watched any root stretch videos? I’d use zig zag sections across the scalp with triangle sections to prevent lines.

Just the mids really as she wants to keep ends blonde.

I would apply my root colour, sections on a diagonal, then go in and comb all the colour down the sections. Once done get a fresh bowl of lightener (if you get lightener in the colour or vice versa you’ll get spots) then apply the lightener and feather it upwards into the root colour then use two fingers to blend it down. Have a clean towel on hand to keep hands clean and use a spatula/balayage board to apply your lightener to the ends. Separate with foil/clingfilm/cotton wool, whatever you find easiest. X
c043d229e077bebfbdcf0cddf83c0a90.jpg
(pic is not my cut x )

Thanks for the reply cat2610 nice work! X

Latest posts

Back