Root stretch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
How do you guys do a root stretch without it looking really patchy? I just can't master it! When feathering down it always seems to go patchy 😠x

What I tend to do it first apply the root colour, then go through in sections (not too thick) place a balayage paddle at the roots and saturate the midband, then take out the paddle and holding the hair in one hand with tension so it stays smooth use the brush with verticle strokes to blend it using less product, like a reverse balayage technique. Keeping your hand dry is very important, I keep a towel in case I get any colour on them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also although you need to use less product as you get further down the hair, you still need to make sure the hair is coated evenly as you fade it out (apply less pressure but make sure you are still getting product on all of the hair and not leaving heavy 'blobs' of tint anywhere)....xxx hope that made sense lol

I've done one again tonight & again it's all patchy down the bits that I've tried to fade out! 😡😡😡x

Was the hair porous?

I normally apply the color heavily to the roots so there's quite a bit of product and then take my time with a wide toothed comb and comb each section down into the midlengths. Never fails and I never get a line with it

No not at all, I took fine sections, applied to root, feathered down and used a comb & it's like spotting down the shaft x

Maybe it was the comb you used? When I have combed before it has left marks from the teeth of the comb, so I just use the brush now.

Maybe it was the comb you used? When I have combed before it has left marks from the teeth of the comb, so I just use the brush now.

Hi do u have a fab page x

Fb page rather x

I do, buts it's very boring lol. I use instagram more @colouringbynumbers x

I do, buts it's very boring lol. I use instagram more @colouringbynumbers x

Just found your website Adam, bookmarked that, very informative

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks nice to hear to you like it, I have so many thinks I want to blog about but I don't make time for it :( x

I just joined Instagram too. I love it! I'm @thelittlehairkitchen. Adam, I followed you on there as well. I've been using your bleach mixing technic - such a great tip!

I just joined Instagram too. I love it! I'm @thelittlehairkitchen. Adam, I followed you on there as well. I've been using your bleach mixing technic - such a great tip!

Haha ohh so that's you :) lol. Glad to hear you use it! I always measure the powder and developer so it always works :D

Hold up, so you don't have blue hair? Lol

No, the blue hair has since gone. Since my twins arrived I started growing out the bleach as not being in a salon anymore meant no one to do my bleach... I miss it!

It could be? Il try without next time thanks x

Latest posts

Back