roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
I have bleached highlighted hair and my medium to light brown roots are in desperate need of highlights. However I do not want to have bleach highlights on the roots because of damage.

Would it be possible to have a high lift put on the roots or would there be too much of a difference in colour between roots and other bleached part of hair.

Also with the high lift as it normally is golder can you use a toner to lift up the high lift to a more ashy colour after? How effective is this?

High lift is an ammoniated color with a double load of peroxide usually, high lift is no less damaging than bleach if bleach is being used correctly.

You may achieve a liveable color on the new growth with high lift, but it may take longer to process and still require a toner.

With out seeing the hair it is difficult to give more detailed advice.

yup shes right, high lift can dry ur hair jus as much in the wrong hands, if i were us stylist i wud be either touchin ur highlights up and then toning the lot to balance the colour or using 12/0 on the whole lenght of the highlight to tone ur lengths and lift ur root at same time. . x

Latest posts

Back