Rosacea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellbelle

Reaction score
I Have A New Client Who Has Just Booked In For A Facial, Eyelash & Brow Tint She Has Rosacea I Had A Look At Her Skin Last Night It Seems Pink, Quite Dry And Almost Swollen Looking But Just Slightly.

Would It Be Ok To Tint Eyelashes & Brows? I Carried Out A Test On Her Inner Arm Seemed Ok.

Any Recommendation For Products To Use During The Facial?

Kelly

I don't see any prob with doing the tinting. For the facial, I would use products for sensitive skin but also take it easy with the heat, i.e. steam / compress.

There is a lot of advice available on the web re roseacea but sadly I don't think there's a cure. If anyone knows any different, I for one would be very interested!

I suffer Rosacea and always dye my brows to match my hair.
Never any problems.

HOWEVER, there are some rosacea sufferers that have it so bad, that it also affects the eyes and surrounding area. It depends on her level of 'suffering' from it.
Have a google about Rosacea, and you'll see what I mean about the eyes.

For the Facial, it depends on her 'type' of Rosacea. If it's only dry OR the Acne Rosacea variety where any type of oil or cream will cause a breakout.
'Usually' products for hyper sensitive/allergic skin are best, "usually" but not always. Non comedonegenic (sp? lol) is best too.

Also, there was a thread here recently where I made my own inquiries and shared the info I knew, have a 'search' and it ought to turn up. There was LOADS of info in it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
:hug:

I don't see any prob with doing the tinting. For the facial, I would use products for sensitive skin but also take it easy with the heat, i.e. steam / compress.

There is a lot of advice available on the web re roseacea but sadly I don't think there's a cure. If anyone knows any different, I for one would be very interested!

Yup.
It's actually best to avoid heat altogether as it can trigger a flare-up.
Lukewarm, almost cold temps are best to avoid flare-ups.

hth's

I Have A New Client Who Has Just Booked In For A Facial, Eyelash & Brow Tint She Has Rosacea I Had A Look At Her Skin Last Night It Seems Pink, Quite Dry And Almost Swollen Looking But Just Slightly.

Would It Be Ok To Tint Eyelashes & Brows? I Carried Out A Test On Her Inner Arm Seemed Ok.

Any Recommendation For Products To Use During The Facial?

Kelly

I would recommend Algologie Harmonizing Facial from the sensitive range, really good for clients with rosacea and can be used on the most sensitive of skin too.`

I've a client who gets regular brow tints although she suffers from rosacea. No probs with it, so far.
She told me that alcohol and Indian food (her favourite night out:rolleyes: ) give her flare-ups. She now opts for Chinese food, but can't quite give up the wine !!!!!!

thanks for your help everyone its really helped me

kelly
xxx

Reducing dairy and wheat intake can help

Latest posts

Back