Rose gold chrome nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtney

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

Could anyone shed some light on these nails for me... Where could i purchase some of the powder/glitter used and how is it applied to the acrylics, would i have to use a shellac base coat apply the powder then shellac top coat over it ? I dont really venture out withh nails much i tend to just do full colour/glitter, and french need to start trying different things and nail art, bought a stamper from sweet squared and their creative plaympolishes and a paisley pattern nail plate and i struggled with thet i was only getting a patchy transfer on my rubber stamper :( anyway im waffling now lol thanks in advance everyone :) oh and also how much extra would you charge for doing this and what colour acrylics would it be best doing over... Or does it not matter ? I charge £25 usually for any colour/glitter xx

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    643.3 KB · Views: 542
  • image.png
    image.png
    728.6 KB · Views: 350
I bought my chrome "mirror" powder from Wildflower in the states. Best one iv used to far. You ideally need to put it on top of a soak off black gel, cure the gel, then dab a minimal amount of powder into the nail using an eyeshadow applicator and rubbing it to give it that mirror shine. Then you apply a "no wipe" top coat. Ready to go :)

The shop that have done this set are charging £30 xx

The shop that have done this set are charging £30 xx

Personally, I don't charge for nail art ect but I too have heard lots of salons/nail techs charging an extra amount for the chrome nails.
Maybe I'm missing out.........lol

T
Personally, I don't charge for nail art ect but I too have heard lots of salons/nail techs charging an extra amount for the chrome nails.
Maybe I'm missing out.........lol
think you are another shop is charging £35

T

think you are another shop is charging £35
Wow! I can't see why. I charge £28 for full set and £23 for infills/overlays. This is including all nail art, powders, glitters, holographics, diamontes ect

I charge £35 for chrome nails which is slightly more than my glitter nails as it takes me more time and I use a disposable applicator for each new set.
Tbh they aren't that popular, as said before by Pure it's more us nail techs that got over excited by it.
I like if for an accent nail or mixed in with other stuff rather than a full set.

I bought my chrome "mirror" powder from Wildflower in the states. Best one iv used to far. You ideally need to put it on top of a soak off black gel, cure the gel, then dab a minimal amount of powder into the nail using an eyeshadow applicator and rubbing it to give it that mirror shine. Then you apply a "no wipe" top coat. Ready to go :)
Hi Nikita, which no wipe top coat do you recommend?x

Anyone find a website for wildflower pigments?x

Magpie glitter sell Chrome dusts

Hey Suzanne,

I tried a few and most went 'smeary' but a salon I used to work for have there own gel range and have a product called 'ProTech' which is a no wipe sealant and this works really well with minimal smear.
IBD no cleanse works.

And I hate to admit it, but I also tried the Bluesky No Wipe and that works too.
X

Thankyou everyone :) you have answered all of my questions xxxx

Hi guys sorry I'm confused again looked on the wild flower and it looks silver in the pic does it defiantly make the rose gold effect over a pink base? X

Yes it does I'm wearing it now over a bright pink

Gel2 No Wipe
Struggling to find where to buy this, is it available in the UK?

Can only find from International sellers on eBay and on Google I find their website but unsure how to sign up and if I actually have to?

Latest posts

Back