Rosy cheeks/thread veins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi All

I have got very rosy cheeks and a few thread veins which are really really starting to bother me and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about what I could do about them?

A bit of history - I have always had rosy cheeks and they don't bother me (I save pots of money on blusher!) but the little red veins that have been appearing recently are irritating me a lot! I know it is all my own fault as I used to work with horses and I didn't really use lotions (big slap on the wrist!) and then I worked with dogs and still didn't wear lotion (bigger slap on the wrist as by this stage I was getting older and should have known better!) but I didn't feel it mattered very much because I was always doing things and the horses/dogs didn't notice or care. Ha! More fool me as now I work in an office (and as a mobile therapist more importantly) and people look at me! And as I'm now not covered in some form of smelly stuff I am MUCH more conscious of how I look, and how can I give people advice on skincare looking like a weather-worn old trout? (sadly but truely I am:sad:)

Do any geeks have any suggestions of how I could de-vein myself? Or at least not make them any worse? I do now smother myself in lotions and potions which obviously (hopefully?) will help to prevent more but can I do anything for the ones I already have? Please help me! I'll love you all even more than I do now! Lxxxxxxxx

PS This post is a very good example of my signature phrase!

You could probably benefit from some diathermy treatment on your broken capillaries. You would need to have a consultation so the therapist can ascertain the probable cause of the condition ( which you have outlined in your post ) and give you advice about how to prevent more capillaries developing, then they would be treated with the type of machine used for electrolysis. You might need between one and three/four treatments depending on how many and how severe the capillaries are.
Another option would be laser or IPL treatment which I don't know as much about, but I believe would be good on larger areas
Good luck with it anyway.

laser is a good option but cant be costly,

mac do a really good concelaer for it, its a green tone and the roche posay do a really good skin care line for red cheeks although i think its more for rosacea im nearly sure?

Hi Florriedee,

I have treated lots of people with redveins on their face. Usually this is a sign that they have sensitive skin. To help with your veins a good skincare is recommended, and a sunscreen of SPF 30 minimum. There are many factors why we get redveins, some of us are blessed with them and do all the right things and some do all the wrong things and don't get a single one! unfortunately its just pot luck on how are bodies are.
There are a few methods out there Laser, IPL, Electrolysis and there is a method called Veinwave. This is similar to Electrolysis. All are very good at reducing the veins, but I have found that each one is good at treating a particular type of redvein ie the structure of it.

Hth

Please feel free to pm me if you would like more info :)

Carla-Jane

Latest posts

Back