Rough hard skin on heels - which product to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help me - I've got really dry, hard rough skin on my heels, that cracks sometimes (not to bleed or go deep, just surface cracks). I've just got out the shower & rasped it with my metal file from Boots, it's taken some off but left my heels like sandpaper!! I'm fed up with it!!

I've not done my Creative Pedi course - can't wait to do it actually, so i don't know what products i could get from Creative to get rid of/help with this problem. Or are there any other products apart from Creative that are good? I'm sure all you experience pedi peeps know just the thing????

Thanks all. xxxxxxx

the aha scrub would be good to use, and the marine mask, followed by massage oil.

ALso you can use the cuticle remover as a 'callus remover' (callus being the hard skin on your feet.)

Regular application of cucumber heel therapy would benefit you too !

If you dont yet have the above, a good scrub with the rasp and solar oil would make them nice and soft in no time !

I have a client with the worst hard skin ive ever seen on her feet, deep painfull cracks in it, beyond my help .....she goes to a chiropodist to have the hard skin removed / scalpled i think, then has to regularly apply a special cream at home.

hth

AMb x

Thanks amb:hug: i'll get my new catalogue out & get making a list!!!

Hi Bev

I have exactly the same problem at the moment but a friend recommended Flexitol Heel Balm for Rough Dry Feet. I bought it at my local chemists for around £5. You apply it twice a day for a fortnight and it gets rid of the dry skin and cracks. I'm on day 3 and already there's a big difference. It contains '25% chemically synthesized urea in a concentrated moisturising and emollient base'.

Cucumber heel therapy is also good, as is the Creative callus smoother!

Hope this helps x

Hiya

I know just the thing that you could use for yourself, but not your clients, however if your doing a pedi course im sure you'll get all your kit and stuff for your clients.

Now you'll have to bear with me (sorry!) I dont know the name, cant think of it, its too early! If it comes to me i'll pm you. Its something like ''cracked heel cream'',its about 5/6 quid for a small tube (the tube is in a box when you buy it).

You will know which one I mean when you go to the section in Boots because it has before and after pictures of a really horrible heel on the box! Great advertisement though the cream is FANTASTIC! It really does work, after only a few applications.

I used it morning and night and my heels are beautiful!!!!

Sorry, I dont do pedis so cant recommend anything else but this is really worth the money.

HTH

Tracie1 said:
Hiya

I know just the thing that you could use for yourself, but not your clients, however if your doing a pedi course im sure you'll get all your kit and stuff for your clients.

Now you'll have to bear with me (sorry!) I dont know the name, cant think of it, its too early! If it comes to me i'll pm you. Its something like ''cracked heel cream'',its about 5/6 quid for a small tube (the tube is in a box when you buy it).

You will know which one I mean when you go to the section in Boots because it has before and after pictures of a really horrible heel on the box! Great advertisement though the cream is FANTASTIC! It really does work, after only a few applications.

I used it morning and night and my heels are beautiful!!!!

Sorry, I dont do pedis so cant recommend anything else but this is really worth the money.

HTH

I saw this the other day its an australian product the pics on the box...if it works like that..looked AMAZING

That's the stuff I'm on about (see above), Flexitol! It's a dream. It was the horrible pix that sold it to me! x

Thanks girls i'm nipping out at 11.30 to take hubby to the doc's, he's been flat on his back for 2 days & it's doing my head in! Got some virus or other:rolleyes: on his last legs etc etc you know what i mean!!! I call in at the chemists & buy some Flexitol & i'll get some creative stuff too next time i order.

xxxx

Bev Rose said:
Thanks girls i'm nipping out at 11.30 to take hubby to the doc's, he's been flat on his back for 2 days & it's doing my head in! Got some virus or other:rolleyes: on his last legs etc etc you know what i mean!!! I call in at the chemists & buy some Flexitol & i'll get some creative stuff too next time i order.

xxxx

i know what u mean Bev...its called

:green: MAN FLU :green:
PMSL !

AMB X

MINKUS said:
i know what u mean Bev...its called

:green: MAN FLU :green:

PMSL !

AMB X

ROFLMTO !!!

What is it with blokes! I've just ran a bath for him & he's in it - finally got him off his back!!!!

I'm not a good nurse maid - so he's lucky about the bath being 'run' for him too!!!!:lol:

After your pedicure treatments, moisturise the area daily, morning and especially at night and you will see a big difference. It feels a bit uncomfortable at first, but you will get so used to it and will become part of your daily regime.

Use a pumice stone/foot rasp at least once a week to get rid of the hard skin.

Dont try to take it all off in one go, as your feet will feel sore. The hard skin was there for a reason, to cushion the feet so gradual treatment will be best.

XX

Hi Bev !

Yep the Flexitol is the business - a chiropodist I know sells it and recommends it and told me about it - yes it is Australian, blue box on a backing card. I regularly recommend it to my pedicure clients with some amazing results ! They recommend a fortnights treatment but you start to see results in a matter of days. Cheaper in Superdrug than Boots by the way by a good £1.

Just one thing - its very intense and for want of a better word 'greasy' so a pair of sock is a must - dont make the mistake of putting on your footwear without them as Ive seen quite a few pairs of ruined mules etc - they go all slippery and greasy, never the same again. Its my wonder product !

Nothing worse than a 'sick' man about the house - hope he's out of your hair soon !

The flexitol is fantastic I have used it and it works really well.

Just a small point about rasping, I dont know how true it is but when I did my pedicure course at cnd the tutor told us not to rasp too much as it will grow straight back, I used to do it dry and it was like a pile of dandruff when I had finished, gross!!!!!

At creative they have a sea serum specifically for hard dry skin and calouses,you apply it to the hard areas using a hands down pad, then wrap the foot in a towel for 5 minutes. It says, and I qoute, " sea searum is a highly effective concentrated callus treatment with 20% alpha-hydroxy acid complex. Penetrating ingredients break down the toughest calluses while protective ingredients soothe sensitive skin"!!!

I use the opi professional foot file- its amazing- I really cant believe how fantastic it is! After I have finished with the foot file I apply cucumber heel therapy and a cotton sock and let the cream soak- it works a treat :)

Thanks everyone - you've all been really helpful.:hug:

Took hubby to doc's and he's got ' a virus' - cracked me up when i mentioned he'd spent the weekend in bed & the doc recommended he rests but also moves around abit!!!

Got the Flexitol & will have a go later.

Bev Rose said:

Took hubby to doc's and he's got ' a virus' - cracked me up when i mentioned he'd spent the weekend in bed & the doc recommended he rests but also moves around abit!!!

Lol, how's he possibly going to move around? - He has a virus. Bless!:lol:

hi all just logging on and saw this thread. from experience the very best thing to use on calluses is benatural callus eliminator by prolinc. go to www.Prolinc.com and check it out. you dry scrub feet first, then apply product with tissue not cotton as cotton soaks up too much of the product and its wasted that way, then you wrap feet in saran wrap or plastic baggie, wait 3-5 minutes wipe off excess prodc=uct then use your foot file and rub let me tell you the stuff comes off like dough. so you have to put a bit of newspaper or toweel to catch all the nasty stuff that will come off in tons!!
also after using that you can use teregens foot cream ist excellent as a mositurisng foot cream and covers up crack and dry sking wonderfully www.teregen.com for more info. also sole food is a good foot cream for dry heels ezcema and other minor sking irritations. i think their website is www.solefood.com. let me know how it goes

Bev Rose said:

What is it about men!! Man flu - I'm glad the doctor is getting him moving though

cathy

In the salon i work at we use glycolic acid 20%. The acid reduces the hard skin removal time and you are left with bady soft feet (if very very hard skin a couple of treatments may be needed) As the acid is used on the feet it does not need to be netraulised as in a facial. I use it forthnightly on myself and love the effect. We also use foot cream that contains 10% ures as this soften the skin.

Latest posts

Back