Round brush blow dry help for student

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiden Stevenson

Reaction score
Hello! I am a student in a 2 year high school cosmetology program and I'm really behind on the hair aspect. I joined the class wanting to be a hairdresser, but I found myself drawn more towards the nail and skincare/aesthetics aspect of the course. However, I still want to be able to do hair so I have more options when I get my license. I finished my first year of the course, but I spent a large portion of it preparing for a nail care competition so I'm really behind! I know how to do a blowout but I get frustrated while doing it and am never satisfied with the result. The hair always ends up frizzy and the volume is never consistent. I use products that are supposed to reduce frizz but I still can't get the sleek look I want. While I'm in the process of blow drying the hair, the hair always seems to get caught in the brush. I don't know if it's the brush I'm using or the technique. I really want to perfect my blowouts because I know they're an essential part of hairdressing and if I can't get it down I fear I'll never be able to master the more complex points of the job. Any advice would be appreciated!

A decent volume product for the roots and smoothing for the ends combed through. I think it also depends on a good and correct size brush for the length , and also hair dryer. It's quite hard to explain without showing you but good tension helps with volume , I will always blast hair , section from the bottom and use the brush to hold the hair (hair wrapped round from
Mid length with good tension) pull it out and blast the root with heat always in the direction of the cuticle, you should be able to instantly see the cuticle smooth itself down... I'll then hold this for a second to cool then go a head a start to blowdry using the brush. For volume at the root heat and cool!!! Then proceed to the mid lengths and ends. No idea if this makes sense or not it's just how I do it :) practice makes perfect, dont doubt yourself

Latest posts

Back