Run out of 20 vol, can I mix 30vol and 10 vol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
Can you mix 30 and 10 vol to make 20vol?

You have to dilute the 30 vol with water. 2 parts peroxide to 1 water.

Yes you need to dilute with water not each of peroxide

If you are using creme peroxide I would just mix equal parts of the 30 and 10 vol. Whatever you do, never add tap water to a bottle of peroxide.

If you are using creme peroxide I would just mix equal parts of the 30 and 10 vol. Whatever you do, never add tap water to a bottle of peroxide.

Why's that may i ask?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

It seems ro me that mixing 10 and 30 equal parts would give you 20, no? Shouldn't be a problem if they are the same brand and the same color line.

I always felt that if you have to use water, distilled is the way to go, but what about tints that can be applied to damp hair? Isn't that the same thing as adding tap water?

I'm just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Distilled water is the way to go with liquid peroxide, tap water shouldn't be too much of a problem if used straight away. The problem is tap water can contain mettalic traces with cause peroxide to decompose.. if traped in a bottle it could eventually explode.

Distilled water is the way to go with liquid peroxide, tap water shouldn't be too much of a problem if used straight away. The problem is tap water can contain mettalic traces with cause peroxide to decompose.. if traped in a bottle it could eventually explode.

Ahh. I see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh right. What if you just.mix it up when needed? Dont get me wrong this is.not something i plan on doing... i ran out of peroxide... well a semi devloper and watered 10 vol down slightly because the warehouse didn't have any... tut

I think its ok if you use it staight away but I don't like mixing water with cream peroxide because it makes it too runny.

No i dont either really hard to mix the.colour aswell goes all lumpy

Mix half 10 and 30 😊

I thought you weren't meant to dilute cream peroxide with water but liquid peroxide is ok? Sure I have had to do it before tho

Mixing different strengths is no prob.
However if you water them down it causes them to destabilize. There is a appropriate amount of stabilizing acid in each strength so if you water them down you up the pH-level!

Also the consistency becomes a nightmare 😆

Mixing different strengths is no prob.
However if you water them down it causes them to destabilize. There is a appropriate amount of stabilizing acid in each strength so if you water them down you up the pH-level!

Also the consistency becomes a nightmare 😆

Ultimately when you dilute a developer you are not only diluting the peroxide but everything else in the product. We should really think of developers as a separate product that contains peroxide.

Latest posts

Back