Running into clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
I LOVE my clients! But is it just me or I feel so always when I run into clients out of work unexpectedly! On work mode, I'm bubbly and talkative, and it all comes natural ect... But when I see them out of work, I feel uncomfortable and like conversation just doesn't flow as easily! Am I the only weirdo!!??

I meant 'I feel so awkward'! Not 'always'

I live and work in the same area so I'm always running into clients. It's not weird. There's just nothing to talk about outside of work! I rather not let them know my business outside of work.

I'm the same way! I hate running into clients, I love them but nor interested in them knowing my personnel business (or what I look like without make up :p). If I spot one I usually walk to the other side of the store before they spot me lol

I find it awkward my local pub is 2 min down the road from where I have my beauty room and lots of my clients are regulars there, I go the pub to get out of work and always get 20 questions about prices and asking to diagnose nail conditions!!' ah I know how you feel haha

I'm the same way! I hate running into clients, I love them but nor interested in them knowing my personnel business (or what I look like without make up :p). If I spot one I usually walk to the other side of the store before they spot me lol

Same! I'm like a ninja... Always aware of my surrounding. Soon as I spot a familiar face, I walk the other way or stick my earbuds on and zoom by really fast.

Jen, I love my clients so much. They're the only reason I make money lol! But I'm the same! If I spot one from far I pretend I didn't see them, and run the other way. That or, I "suddenly" get a text message and must bring my head down and reply! Hahaha

And Laurensbeauty, don't you hate getting off work thinking your done your day! And finally get to talk or do anything you want that's UNRELATED to work.... And that's when everyone wants to ask you questions about nails and etc.... Haha!

Jen, I love my clients so much. They're the only reason I make money lol! But I'm the same! If I spot one from far I pretend I didn't see them, and run the other way. That or, I "suddenly" get a text message and must bring my head down and reply! Hahaha

And Laurensbeauty, don't you hate getting off work thinking your done your day! And finally get to talk or do anything you want that's UNRELATED to work.... And that's when everyone wants to ask you questions about nails and etc.... Haha!

I'm just glad I'm not alone! I always felt bad but in my head I'm like, forget this, lol

Now I wonder of my hair stylist feels annoyed when she runs into me 😳 hahaha!

I know what you mean although I really like the majority of my clients and we stop for a chat.

But the ones I hate bumping into are the ones who try to stretch it between infills to 5 weeks or so, whilst keeping their nails quite long, then come up to you waving a hand with two missing and the others all different lengths and with grossly grown out polish/shellac going "My nails are terrible - I must book in with you soon" :irked:

What the hell sort of message does that send?? Another nail tech would understand, the average shopper in the supermarket would just think.... wouldn't go there then :irked:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back