Sales help advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejboyle

Reaction score
I've been working in a spa now for 5/6 ish months. Need some advise on hitting sales target?

Our manager doesn't want us to be pushy when it comes to sales, if people want to buy she says they will.

How do you come across not pushy?

I've been getting better and better each month now but still not hit my target but I've been so close. xx

Do you use the products that are on sale during the treatment? I would drop suttle hints, if I was having a facial for example and the lady mentioned that they also sell the products used just before my treatment it wouldn't bother me I would keep that in mind whilst I would be enjoying it!

Or if I was doing nails and talking to a client I would be saying - oh god it will be Christmas in no time! I'm really lucky I never have to rush around I purchase all my little gift sets from here! My family & friends love them so it's nice and easy for me! See if that sparks any interest haha x

In terms of retailing I find asking questions help.

What's your current skin care routine?
Describe your skin to me?
If you could change one thing about your make-up routine what would it be?

Then give them solutions to the gaps. X

Sales is my forte. I'm a passive seller so no hard sales but I always tend to exceed targets. Just remember it's okay to offer and it's okay for people to say no, you don't need to go for a hard sale. e.g. as you are leaving the treatment room to the till just say "oh if you wanted to get XYZ which you mentioned in the treatment you liked we do actually offer it for sale in the salon for £XX if you would like one". They can then dismiss what you said or if they show an interest just simply ask would they like to buy one today or have a think about it first?

Thanks guys. I just don't want to make someone feel uncomfortable just to sell something. My sales percentage went up again for Aug which I'm pleased with. But still not hit my 12% yet feels difficult coz im only in two days a week but I just need to forget what the other girls are doing cause it all done my your hours etc. I'm just a worrier lol xx

Latest posts

Back