Sallys trade card?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Hilton

Reaction score
hi ladies
Has anyone had any trouble getting a sallys trade card? I went to my local sallys a few weeks ago with my CND shellac certificate but was refused a card as my certificate doesn't state ive covered natural nail care etc.
I order most of my products from s2 but I needed some disposables (and fancied done China glaze polishes for me) so I didn't really want to pay the p&p just for some disposables?

Good grief, that's very surprising. Perhaps it's a new member of staff? ;)

Sallys staff don't normally care much about whether you are fully trained or not. That's why they get away with selling hair colour products to beauticians.

Have you completed a separate basic manicure course or just the shellac course?

I registered with Sallys using my hairdressing qualifications but they never asked to see certificates when I bought the odd bit of Gelish or OPI gel colour from them. You could go in and try a different member of staff or try another branch perhaps?

Well I emailed head office and they said its up to the store but the store made out head office have changed their policy, all very annoying! I rang another branch and they said if I can prove I've done natural nail care then they will give me a card but all I've got is the student textbook from CND I have rang and asked for a course breakdown but not had one yet. No I haven't done any other courses, I didn't think it would be that difficult to get a trade card. I only want lint free wipes lol

I am also surprised that Sallys are being so stringent with this, my niece is studying beauty at college and she has been given membership (not sure if it's trade) and also gets 20% student discount. If all
Sallys have different rules then maybe it's worth going to another Sallys to get your trade card then using it at your local one when you want to purchase something. Alternatively if you know the name of the lint free wipes, order them on line. x

Ive just had this problem. They gave me a student card a few months back, when I gave them proof in form of an email showing id been booked on a day course. Now that I got my certificates, just took them in and they said there not sure they can do it! Theyre going to call me tomorrow!! x

I think I'll just get what I need offline tbh it's so much faff surely they would know CND wouldn't bodge their training but hey!

You can buy basic stuff like wipes without a card...you only need a card for like branded products such as gelish that you need to know how to use as far as I'm aware. I got a Sally card using just my CND liquid and powder certificate

Yes I've had the same problem at my local sallys as I haven't done a course with the structure of nail just gel and acrylic so I can't get one either

My sister got one when she was training to be a hairdresser with no qualifications...

If you go online it tells you on there website what documents you require to show them to open an account. I did it last week. Its says online either proof of qualifications or your liability insurance document. I took proof of address & public liabilty document. The girl was hesitant to accept this!?! Very odd

Latest posts

Back