Sallys Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Rather than pay out more money for a full course again - have you considered doing 1-2-1 training to focus on the areas you feel least confident in?

Your money would be better spent and you would get an awful lot more out of it.

I trained with a company that was slated on this site - I have to agree the training was inadequate and cost me about £400. I then went on to do a conversion course with Creative and on that one day, everything made sense! I wish I had put my £400 to creative in the first place.

Contact some of the more reputable companies and find out about their 1-2-1 training - it will benefit you far more. It doesn't necessarily have to be Creative, there are several well-known companies who offer this kind of training.

Good luck whatever you decide.

hi. i was like you i did a home learn but wanteded a bit more of a personal touch to tell me if i was doing things correct or no so i opted for a sallys course i got my insurance from proffessional beauty direct i found it very usefull and very helpfull... my couse was 5 days - day 1 - manicure/anatomy day 2 - gel day 3 fibre, day 4 acrylic day 5 infill/rebalance and i have to go back in 6 weeksish time for assessment then im qualified and apparently it is a recognised qualification.

I have to say - don't do it - You'll pay more but you get 1000% more

Look at the major trainers, Creative, Ezflow etc. I trained with Creative and in my opinion you won't get better training

To get info for training contact Sweet squared (the official UK Creative distributors) contact 0845 210 6060

Dont go there as adelekeegan has said , i had a friend that did a course with sallys, thats just say she waisted money and time , try NSI or CNd there training courses are really good.
it will be money well spent hun.tht.x

I have to say I have read all ur msgs with interest and I can clearly see that most of you sway towards CND or EzFlow, unfortunately, neither of these are an option for me right now, I am unable to travel and dont have the money upfront.

As you have already read I have already paid out £330 for a home learning course, so I have decided I am going to book my manicure course with salys as it is close by and reasonably priced, if this goes well I will use them for my nail acrylic training. I am not too impressed with what has been said about their products mercia but I can learn the technique and then once I pass my driving test and am earning some money, I have every intention of furthering my training and then possibly using higher qualified companies.

Thanks for all your tips and advice.

:green:
I paid out £330 to do a home learning course thinking this was a great idea, I have now realised through research I still need to take further training to become a Nail technician and obtain Insurance.

I have been looking at Sallys for doing some further training as I am not able to travel far and there isnt anything else in my area, also as you can imagine I have already spent out and cant afford a lot more.

I am considering doing a Manicure & Pedicure course to start with and then a course in Acrylics to get me started.

What I want to know is has anyone done any of these courses with Sallys?
What do you thing of courses ofered by Sallys?
I am told you pay extra for the kits that you will need, does anyone know how much extra this will cost?

Thanks

I did my training at a sally store last year the course was run by united beauty. I feel this was a good start in the industry but still feel i need to know more.
I am glad i did it as i am at a stage where i am getting confident enough to work on real peoples nails but it has taken a lot of practice after the course finished.
i am planning to do more training in the future.
I also managed to get insurance after my course.
good luck with your choice.x

I have to say I have read all ur msgs with interest and I can clearly see that most of you sway towards CND or EzFlow, unfortunately, neither of these are an option for me right now, I am unable to travel and dont have the money upfront.

As you have already read I have already paid out £330 for a home learning course, so I have decided I am going to book my manicure course with salys as it is close by and reasonably priced, if this goes well I will use them for my nail acrylic training. I am not too impressed with what has been said about their products mercia but I can learn the technique and then once I pass my driving test and am earning some money, I have every intention of furthering my training and then possibly using higher qualified companies.

Thanks for all your tips and advice.
Just so you know creative have training centres all over England (and the world) so if you looked into it further you may find that you would be able to train not to far from home,
also when you do the manicure course with creative you get all the products in with the price so it works out cheaper and much better training than sally's,
hth

Hi, i work for Sallys and we do loads and loads of training courses and they are really cheap. We do a 2 day nail course which you choose 2 systems to do i.e acrylic and fibreglass and it's £188 includin VAT. After the 2 days you are fully qualified and get your certificates within 1-2 weeks. with your certificates you can get public liability and a Sally Trade Card which gets you discount throughout the store.

I have read the messages about people slating Sallys and we hold loads of training courses in our store and have nothing but positive feedback. I did the 2 day nail course on the 21st and 22nd August at Sallys, I now have public liability and am confident enough doing peoples nails, and from the clients I have done they have all been really pleased with their nails. Also people slating mercia products..Mercia products aren't the best but just because you do a mercia course doesnt mean to say oyu have to use mercia products. i used Star Nails for my mercia course!

united beauty courses are reconised and are insurable!!!

I have done a couple of courses through Sally's over the past couple of weeks and have found them to be great! Have had a fantastic tutor both times, very informative and helpful. I'm starting my complete nail tech course with them tomorrow. Professional Beauty do insurance for them at what I think is a very reasonable rate. Good luck x

Hi Tinks

I would say try and go for a college course if you can. In my opinion it takes way longer than a couple of days training. After looking into all the different options thats what I did and I know I could never of completed a set of salon standard nails in 2 days. I have a family and did the man & ped course and nail tech course at evening classes. Most colleges also let you pay monthly - so no massive bill in one hit!

Ali

Hello All - this is my first message on here.

Two weeks ago I did a course at Sally's - the two day Acrylic one - I had felt it had gone really well and was feeling really positive about it all, and recently received my certificate but now I am feeling a bit anxious about whether it was worth it, having read what others have said about Sally's courses.

I don't think the Mercia products I purchased for it are particularly great since the acrylic seems to lift pretty easily but other than that, in others opinions, is the technique I have learned worthy?

Some say its ok for a start, others say don't bother at all! I am 34 weeks pregnant and was trying to get a head start on my potential new career, I was even thinking of squishing in a manicure one before baby comes, but now don't know what to do!!

I am happy to look in to other courses but I dunno where to start looking really - I am in South Northamptonshire but happy to travel to southampton area as my family live there - can anyone give me some good solid advice as to what I should do? I want to do it all properly.

Help!?

Kat

Im confused :irked: just reading back through this old thread of mine.......shes saying she did the 2 day acrylic and is now thinking of squeezin in a mani course......I was under the impression you had to do the mani course before you could even do the acrylic course.

anyone????

Hi I was just wondering has anyone ever trained with associate nails or ciate nails as they are now called.

hi if money tight a feel the college would be a good option. Their are funds available and they can give you the confidence. if you already have ant and fiz. and the college reconise this it could be signed off straight away. call and see what is available. You will need to do a lot a practice at home but a good start, and then find a company and do conversion course. hope this helps

Oh do you no sallys wholsalers website in liverpool ??

Latest posts

Back