Sallys Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinks027

Reaction score
I paid out £330 to do a home learning course thinking this was a great idea, I have now realised through research I still need to take further training to become a Nail technician and obtain Insurance.

I have been looking at Sallys for doing some further training as I am not able to travel far and there isnt anything else in my area, also as you can imagine I have already spent out and cant afford a lot more.

I am considering doing a Manicure & Pedicure course to start with and then a course in Acrylics to get me started.

What I want to know is has anyone done any of these courses with Sallys?
What do you thing of courses ofered by Sallys?
I am told you pay extra for the kits that you will need, does anyone know how much extra this will cost?

Thanks

I have to say - don't do it - You'll pay more but you get 1000% more

Look at the major trainers, Creative, Ezflow etc. I trained with Creative and in my opinion you won't get better training

To get info for training contact Sweet squared (the official UK Creative distributors) contact 0845 210 6060

In an ideal world I would love to do Creative but I am not in a position to do it, I have a family, I dont drive and i dont really have that kind of money. I know I am starting at the bottom of the ladder but Im just trying to start somewhere, once I pass and have a few clients I would look at further training to improve my skills.

id say youd probably be ok with the manicure and pedicure training, but maybe think a little more carefully about the nail extensions and find someone with a good reputation.

hi honey is it a united beauty course your looking at ? i done the total tech course with them five years back and i have to say i think my training was good looking at other courses and speaking to people i feel that that mine was a good solid START !!! i also found it hard to travel due to family and a sick child so i eas also limited and i also found it really hard to get information on couses local to myself !
I am going to do a conversion course in the new year and i am going to go with cnd and i am going to stay away as i really want to go with Liza in kent !!!
My advice would be to look at going with cnd as their products are FAB
good luck xxxx

id say youd probably be ok with the manicure and pedicure training, but maybe think a little more carefully about the nail extensions and find someone with a good reputation.

i cant drive either, but have always been prepared to use the train to travel to good trainers.

I would say save yourmoney and when you have enough do a course within a college or with creative etc. Sallys courses may be quick easy and cheap but they only give you a certificate to say you have done their course it is not a recognised qualification to most insurers and you will find you have wasted you money once again. I signed up with them for a l+p course and when it came to getting insurance was turned down and i am now at square one doing a course at college. hth

hi honey is it a united beauty course your looking at ? i done the total tech course with them five years back and i have to say i think my training was good looking at other courses and speaking to people i feel that that mine was a good solid START !!! i also found it hard to travel due to family and a sick child so i eas also limited and i also found it really hard to get information on couses local to myself !
I am going to do a conversion course in the new year and i am going to go with cnd and i am going to stay away as i really want to go with Liza in kent !!!
My advice would be to look at going with cnd as their products are FAB
good luck xxxx

I definately want to do the manicure and pedicure but not looking at doing the full nail technician course as im learning all the anatomy in the home learning course I have, I was considering one of their 3 day courses just in acrylic which spans over about 6 weeks I think.

Sallys courses may be quick easy and cheap but they only give you a certificate to say you have done their course it is not a recognised qualification to most insurers and you will find you have wasted you money once again. I signed up with them for a l+p course and when it came to getting insurance was turned down and i am now at square one doing a course at college. hth

Will I still not be able to gain Insurance after doing courses with Sallys then? I just assumed as it was practical i would.

i done the total tech course with them five years back and i have to say i think my training was good looking at other courses and speaking to people i feel that that mine was a good solid START !!!

Did you manage to obtain insurance with the sallys course?

:rolleyes:
Will I still not be able to gain Insurance after doing courses with Sallys then? I just assumed as it was practical i would.
Welli did a two day courseand the hadto goback 4/5weeks later. once i got my certificate through i called a number of insurance companys and they toldmeit was not a national recognised qualification. I was quite peed off too cos it cost me 80 per day plus vat as well as kit. so decided to go back to college and then maybe a conversion course with creative. x x :rolleyes:
They may have changed itnowbut make sureyou ask first.! hth x x x

I did the total technicians course at Sally's but it was run by United Beauty.
I thought the course was ok, once I had passed it I was able to get insurance straight away with professional beauty direct. So no problems there.
You do have to be careful as to what you ask on this website, I know everyone gives a lot of excellent advice but many of them are rather biased and will slate anything that isn't Creative. It may be a good company with good products but there are also a lot of others out there.
Fair enough you do have to be careful as there is also alot of rubbish too.

No doubt i will get loads of comments as i am not afraid to say what i think.

Im not biased toward creative at all, i havent even used there products as not yet got the qualifications but have heard that they are excellent. I was just passing on my experience with a sallys course. I couldnt get insurance as they didnt recognise the qualification, not because im biased toward creative. Im sure tinks would want to know everyones experience with sallys,not just the successful ones.

yes definately I want everyones advice, and far from slatting creative as they seem the best of the best but I am not in a situation to be training with them so appreciate honest opinions about sallys.

Thanks everyone

I am considering doing a Manicure & Pedicure course to start with and then a course in Acrylics to get me started.

What I want to know is has anyone done any of these courses with Sallys?
What do you thing of courses ofered by Sallys?
I am told you pay extra for the kits that you will need, does anyone know how much extra this will cost?

Thanks

Hi i havent done any courses with sally's but i did enquire because there is one in my hometown. The mani/pedi was £80 plus vat and the kit cost about £50 with vat. My sallys train with Mercia. I didnt book a place in the end and started searching around for other courses instead. But i know how hard it is getting courses close to home so i will put my name down if nothing else comes up....like you said hun we have to start somewhere :)

yes definately I want everyones advice, and far from slatting creative as they seem the best of the best but I am not in a situation to be training with them so appreciate honest opinions about sallys.

Thanks everyone

Hey Tinks, just thought I'd let you know that our Sallys (Cheltenham) don't do training on site as they don't have the space so you have to go to their Gloucester store. Ours also train with Mercia hth

Hi i havent done any courses with sally's but i did enquire because there is one in my hometown. The mani/pedi was £80 plus vat and the kit cost about £50 with vat. My sallys train with Mercia. I didnt book a place in the end and started searching around for other courses instead. But i know how hard it is getting courses close to home so i will put my name down if nothing else comes up....like you said hun we have to start somewhere :)

Thanks Karen thats really informative, i like the way they run the courses like a section at a time so I can spread the costs.

Hey Tinks, just thought I'd let you know that our Sallys (Cheltenham) don't do training on site as they don't have the space so you have to go to their Gloucester store. Ours also train with Mercia hth

Thanks for info but Im nearer Cirencester and they do them there, Im surprised that Cheltenham dont hold them though!

Another thing that you need to consider is if you are going to do courses at Sallys, homelearn etc once you are in a position to be able to train at Creative or NSI will they actually recognise the earlier qualification as evidence of training. I say this because I know for a fact that they don't recognise one well known home learn course as evidence. I found this out when I paid for a home learn I wanted to do a conversion with Creative and I wasn't able to, so I then decided to go to my local college and get an NVQ instead. After 2 years I am now in a position to do conversion courses at Creative.

My advice is really educate yourself, ring up NSI or Creative find out exactly what you need so that in the meantime you can prepare yourself for a such a time that you are able to train with them sometime in the future.

I know someone on here said that people are biased towards Creative, but just as an example I wanted to apply for a job and although I am NSI trained they would only interview Creative trained technicians!

Sorry its a bit long winded. hth, good luck!!

Hello All - this is my first message on here.

Two weeks ago I did a course at Sally's - the two day Acrylic one - I had felt it had gone really well and was feeling really positive about it all, and recently received my certificate but now I am feeling a bit anxious about whether it was worth it, having read what others have said about Sally's courses.

I don't think the Mercia products I purchased for it are particularly great since the acrylic seems to lift pretty easily but other than that, in others opinions, is the technique I have learned worthy?

Some say its ok for a start, others say don't bother at all! I am 34 weeks pregnant and was trying to get a head start on my potential new career, I was even thinking of squishing in a manicure one before baby comes, but now don't know what to do!!

I am happy to look in to other courses but I dunno where to start looking really - I am in South Northamptonshire but happy to travel to southampton area as my family live there - can anyone give me some good solid advice as to what I should do? I want to do it all properly.

Help!?

Kat

Latest posts

Back