Salon Genius - Your feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_Tom

Reaction score
I'm not a salon professional, I'm (amongst other things) a web developer. A client of mine has just purchased 'Salon Genius' software. By itself this cost £2500 plus VAT. She was under the impression that this would also provide her with online booking functionality (one of the main reasons she bought the software) and was looking for me to integrate this into her website.

No problem, or so I thought...

When I phoned the company to enquire how we go about this I was advised that a third party deals with this. I phone the third party company to discover that it would cost my client an additional £75 per month (plus £225 setup fee). Something that she wasn't made aware of at point of sale.

As a web developer I know that this is daylight robbery. I also know that the system they are trying to charge this extortionate fee for is stone age (in comparitive terms i.e. no API for direct integration into your website, just a clunky button to lead your clients away from your website to a badly branded third party booking system, very poor).

My client is going to cancel the Salon Genius software and they are trying to hit her for £700 setup and installation fee - even though they mis-sold her the product in the first place and she's had it for less than a month. No cooling off period, no mercy.

Can anyone else share their experience of this software, negative or positive.

Thanks in advance.

Sweet Baby Jesus of Nazereth! 2500k that is just ridiculous, what is it with these people?:eek:

iSDN file transfer for the print industry used to cost just as much and that was for a piece of software that didn't come close to having as much depth as Salongenius. You look at any professional piece of software in the market place and you will see it costs. Before anybody throws in comments about the £30 packages you can get, I would suggest you take time to look at what they can truely do. It doing something you don't need, is different to it being just too expensive

Last edited:
You do realise that Online Bookings runs in "realtime"? This actually means it reserves time slots in the Salongenius Appointment system, so that there is no crossover between the salon and the online customer, therefore, no doublebookings.

This whole thread looks like it's set up to advertise Salon Genius???

Or am I being Paranoid???

Funny how the main debators for & against only just joined Salongeek for this post!!!

Looks like one person tries to slam the software while another shows it's qualities. Good cop bad cop.

I apologise if i'm way off :confused:

Funny how the main debators for & against only just joined Salongeek for this post!!!

Looks like one person tries to slam the software while another shows it's qualities. Good cop bad cop.

No I had the same thought hun...........

You aren't the only one who thinks this..........mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back