Salon Gold?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
I have just purchased insurance online with salon gold, as I have my 1st paying clients booked for next week.
However, I received an email with a reference & a thankyou, but no copy of my certificate or policy.
Have emailed them & tried phoning & was just told to wait...
its been hours, is this normal??
I cant trade without my certificate surely?
also, I wasnt even asked what treatments im qualified for/offer...have I been scammed??

If you are insured by Salon Gold you don't need to wait until you receive your certificate to be able to trade. However I agree that it is something that you need to have a copy of.

You need to ensure that don't trade until the date your cover starts, which would have been confirmed/agreed when you took the policy out. For clarification I would suggest you call them directly. Admin does usually take a little while to process especially if you took the policy out over the weekend. HTH x

You will be emailed with your policy (check your junk file) as an attachment.

You should have checked the treatments covered on their list (it's on the website) you are covered to do all of the treatments listed on there that you have certificates for. If your in doubt about any treatment then scan your certificate and sent them an email with your scan attached and ask if that covers you.

Salon Gold do not want to see your certificate until you need to claim - they do not want to have store all the details of all the certificates you send them - this is why they can offer policies so cheaply.

Salon Gold are a reputable insurer so do not panic. If your email containing your policy has not arrived by tomorrow then send them an email asking them to resend your policy as it has not arrived.

Oh meant to add you need to state what treatments you need to be covered for. They will expect you to be suitably qualified and may ask for proof (such as certificates). I'm insured with Salon Gold and they did not require to see my certificate for Spray tanning but did for Face Painting.

In principle you could get insured for all manner of treatments your not trained in. However if you had to make a claim you may find you are not covered if you do not have suitable qualification and cannot prove. The onus is on you to provide information and ask questions to ensure you are covered. It is best to check everything with them as there may also be restriction placed on certain treatments.

thanks guys, was just expecting a little more interest in what i was being insured for lol! policy isnt due to start until fri so maybe thats why they havent sent it!
seems really daft not wanting to know what theyre covering, but i did check before buying & all my qualifications / treatments are accepted & covered so fingers crossed...

Salon gold are really chilled on the phone. It makes you think you're not asked enough but they really are great. I rang them this week to make sure my insurance covers me for certain add ons and she went through it all with me.
If you're not sure, right down a list of questions, call them and they will go through it all with you :)
And I couldn't find my policy, turned up in my junk folder xx

finally they resent at 8:55pm!! hooray!!

Latest posts

Back