Salon job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Sarah

Reaction score
Hi!

I start work in a salon on saturday part time.

I have been told that I can't do pedicures tho as she has given that responsibility to another girl who does nails and beauty treatments.

Is this normal for a salon to do? I'm not overly bothered but would like to do it someone specifically asked me too.

Cheers
xxxx

In all the salons I have ever worked in whoever is free just does the treatment as long as they are qualified to do so. It will look rather odd if you are asked and have to say no, especially if the other threapist is busy. The salon is in affect turning business away.

It seems a little strange, Id of thought that it would be whoever the client wanted to book with, as long as they are qualified to do it! Good luck in your job anywaysX
:hug:

Hi!

Thanks for your replies. Yeah it does seem a bit odd. I'll see how it goes tho!

Thanks geeks!
xxxx

You should just mention it to your boss, see why she's sed it.

When I worked in a salon the only thing which I came across which I thought was a bit strange was the salon manager sed that if I put parrafin wax treatments on my pricelist then I would be charged £20 a day rather than the £15 a day without offering it. something to do with parafin wax is a beauty treatment and I would be charged beautician rates or it was something like that!!

hth,

xxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back