Salon Management Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a minefield out there:|
but thats where this site always comes in handy:)

....I had a quote a few months ago for over £500 +vat+supporting it etc..mega bucks..so Ive held back a bit, but after reading a few of these I may have to relook...at the end of the day the package has to do all the things you want it to do.....and maybe even more!:lol:

A useful thread for me

However I am strangling to get the mentality that only expensive software is good.

I'd be the last to agree that only expensive software is good actually - I'm a huge fan of free software in fact - I swear by Linux, JBoss, OpenOffice, FLAC, amongst others - all free and open source to boot.

I guess I meant that a fair tranche of salon software would likely be expensive - simply because of it being a fairly niche product most likely developed by small businesses that still need to turn a profit - but if there are people/companies out there that have managed to produce a quality product for a reasonable price, then serious kudos to them!

Been thinking about this for a while myself. As a start up, I'm sticking to pen and paper until I've saved up a bit.
I am aware that the software is available for less than £100.00, but what about the hardware? Isn' that where the thousands go? Don't you need a scanner, a hard drive and monitor?

The latest salon software is online so it doesn't need to be installed on your hard drive. It is also very user friendly and the software is always kept up to date so you don't have to buy upgrades. It means you rent the software rather than paying thousands of pounds and it will always be the latest.

Hi Elise, i saw a few a PB North too but after trying a few I found Studio Tracker to be the most uder-friendly. I got a free trial off their website (type it into google) and they set it up on my computer. Plus they were a lot cheaper than the others I looked in to.
Good luck!x

I think it depends what you are looking for in software. I have looked at some that have been talked about on this link and what I can see is that they are a contact management system. When I bought my software from DWB Solutions, I was not only looking for appointment bookings, but also stock control, gift cards and staff rotas as well as the ability to do packages, with lots of marketing and business reports. The software I got does all this and more, yes I paid £1,600 but I don’t regret a penny!!!
Spa Management Software and Salon Software for Spa's, Day Spa's, Hotel Spa's Beauty Salon's and Clinics from DWB Solutions Ltd

I got mine from easy-salon.com , i paid only £49.99 , i also got a barcode scanner for £60 and £boy is gooooood .
I would never dream to pay £1600 for a software why??

Cheers
xxx
:hug:

Hi guys,

This thread is v useful as I'm in the process of buying software... Most companies are quoting me in the thousands for a package - and after having looked at the easysalon website, they don't appear to do an awful lot more than the cheaper system.

Has anyone incorporated texting into the easysalon system? Has it worked out ok? Any horror stories with this package?? Is the financial reporting side of it up to scratch?

Cheers!

I am using easy-salon a year now and i am very happy.
The reminders (text messaging) is working fine.
If you are looking for financial reports , i wouldn't say that is the best .However for the price of £49 you don't expect that as well.
It does produce few reports for Services and product sales and they do the job.

I hope this helps

Cheers

pupy love

:hug:

Latest posts

Back